So people really believe you can buy a amp for 33 dollars...

EXPcustom

Yes some people think you can get a 100 watt Marshall amp for 33 dollars, not joking...

Seriously, never under estimate the stupidity of the general public.

I sell Kemper profiles on Ebay. About once a month or so I have to refund someone their money because they bought a Kemper profile off of me and they don't understand why I havent sent them a tracking number and why I sent them an E-mail with some attachments they cant read. :doh:

I do try to make the description as clear as possible, hopefully Ebay will start their a new category for this, to avoid this type of mixup. Although it really shouldnt happen if people actually take the time to read the description.

Just curious since I know there are a lot of Kemper profile vendors that post here, do you get people that buy your profiles thinking they will get an actual amp for 10-50 dollars?

Forgive the dumb question but is it possible they are scamming you with a bs "I really thought the Deizel amp was $33" line? Can you tell if they downloaded the profile?

SpiderWars":3bopidzq said:
Forgive the dumb question but is it possible they are scamming you with a bs "I really thought the Deizel amp was $33" line? Can you tell if they downloaded the profile?
Yeah, I was wondering this as well. They have the profiles now - they are emailed.

Steve

SpiderWars":3jfdsel9 said:

I'd be willing to bet this was the case.

I'd just send them an email and get written confirmation from them that they understand it's a kemper profile and not an actual amp before you send the profile. That way you have documentation of their understanding before you send them a profile, so they don't get it for free.

No, no, you guys don't understand people are this dumb it's not a BS scam to try to get profiles.

Here is the last guy:

New message from: (removed) (342Turquoise Star)
Where is the tracking number. Can I have the tracking number please

New message to: (Removed)
I already sent you the Kemper profile pack to your E-mail, this is a Kemper profile. If you don't have a Kemper amp and bought this by mistake I will cancel the transaction and send you a refund.
Thanks,
EXPcustom

His responce:

Oh ok I will wait, thanks

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

marshall_mini_amp.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Still a good idea to double check that they even know what a Kemper profile is before taking the time email paks and deal with refunds :thumbsup:

Here was another guy, I actually never sent him a refund since he didn;t push the issue:

name removed

Hi , I still did not received my item, please can you advise me, when it was sent to me, and when it should be arriving. Thanks in advance

My responce:

New message to: (removed)
The profile was E-mailed to you on April 12th and I just resent it today. I sent it to the same E-mail as your Paypal. Let me know if you got it or if I should send to a different E-mail.
Thanks,
EXPcustom

They never replied and I never sent a refund. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

311splawndude":21ys3sye said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Still a good idea to double check that they even know what a Kemper profile is before taking the time email paks and deal with refunds :thumbsup:

I think I will have to, it's pretty sad that I do. This is why I put no refunds but I risk negative feedback and getting called a scammer if I don't refund some of these guys.

Try selling something in the classifieds here on RT. You think Ebay is bad? Fuk. I'll never post anything FS here ever again.

EXPcustom":fuzbjpuu said:
No, no, you guys don't understand people are this dumb it's not a BS scam to try to get profiles.

Here is the last guy:

Where is the tracking number. Can I have the tracking number please

New message to: (Removed)
I already sent you the Kemper profile pack to your E-mail, this is a Kemper profile. If you don't have a Kemper amp and bought this by mistake I will cancel the transaction and send you a refund.
Thanks,
EXPcustom

His responce:

Oh ok I will wait, thanks

Playing dumb IS a way to steal your profiles, bro... These guys may be clever thieves and not dumbasses...

Steve

Steve you could be right and I think because it could be either or... I will have to send a confirmation E-mail first before sending profiles. :cry: :thumbsdown:

Here is another message I was sent but I am grateful to this person that they asked first before buying so I didn't end up having to refund them later:

New message from: (removed) (19Yellow Star)
hi,my name is (removed),i have been looking at your official mark Cameron custom kemper Aldrich marshall jmp...... it is so nice, I would like to buy this item from you. but I will not have the money for it until next week, if I can buy it, what else would I need to complement your amp, please can you tell me. thankyou for your help (removed).

My response:

This is a Kemper profile so you need a Kemper profiling amp. The Kemper profiling amp costs anywhere from 1800-2200.

New message from:(removed) (19Yellow Star)
thankyou for your email, I`m very sorry,but I could not afford the money you said in your email to me ,It has been nice talking to you , but I`m afraid I will have to leave it, but a great product. thankyou so much for your time. (removed).

The first one that started all this:

New message from: (removed) (45Yellow Star)
I thought I was buying a cheap used amplifier and instead I got some kind of file emailed to me which I can't even open. I would like my forty bucks back.

Also there was another guy but I wont copy and paste his message since he did state he had a stroke and actually thought I was selling an amp but at least he asked what it was before buying so I will always be grateful to the people who weren't sure and asked.

EXPcustom":2nrn2ty5 said:
Steve you could be right and I think because it could be either or... I will have to send a confirmation E-mail first before sending profiles. :cry: :thumbsdown:
I think that is a REALLY good idea. You just tell them to PLEASE reply with a YES that I understand that I am getting profiles for the Kemper Profiler and then you send them the profiles. That way, you have a defensible position if they try to feign ignorance and demand a refund, you refuse and they give negative feedback...

Steve

sah5150":qwt3n0nd said:
EXPcustom":qwt3n0nd said:
I think that is a REALLY good idea. You just tell them to PLEASE reply with a YES that I understand that I am getting profiles for the Kemper Profiler and then you send them the profiles. That way, you have a defensible position if they try to feign ignorance and demand a refund, you refuse and they give negative feedback...

Steve
Especially before they go about sending everyone on the Kemper forum the profile! We know people trade/swap profiles and if you are emailing them directly after purchase confirmation, then you are out the cash. Doesn't even tae a clever person to run that scam. Just a POS.

Mailman1971":23us17wo said:
Oh man......
That is just crazy. World is full of Dummies. :LOL: :LOL:

these people probably vote, and probably drive a vehicle of some kind on the same roads as the rest of us. Maybe they're cooking your food at a restaurant, or changing your IV in the hospital...etc.

:scared:

Back