Why does my EVH 50w FX loop drop volume??

Lord Toneking

All I have in the loop is two delays (Hardwire delays) and a decimator. I was told there should not be any volume drop when turning the FX loop button on the foot switch on/off. The drop is significant and makes it useless

Thanks

Is it really the loop? take your pedals out and then just connect the send and return to each other with a known good short patch cable and see if you still have the problem. If you still have the problem it is indeed the loop, otherwise you might have an impedance or signal level mismatch with your pedals.

If you were told that all pedals would work fine, you were lied to. When I bought mine, I unfortunately learned that lesson the hard way. I had a bunch of pedals that flat-out didn't work in the loop because of the volume drop and tone suck. Had to buy a number of new units and redo my board a few days before a gig. Rack-level pedals (Eventide, Strymon, etc.) work just fine, others, not so much.

FWIW when I had my 5150 50 watt I used either a Maxon AD80 or MXR Carbon Copy in the loop and they worked fine with no volume drop

Lord Toneking":3hwp4loo said:
Mattfig":3hwp4loo said:
Is it a line level loop??
I don't know :confused:

Clean those jacks with Deoxit...Seems to be a known issue with these amps from a quick google search....Couldn't find whether or not it's line level or instrument level and that could certainly cause your problems....But seems the connections on the jacks need frequent cleaning or are subject to the symptoms you've described...

Back