Tried a BE-100 for the first time... (got vid working)

JerEvil

I know, right??? LOL! Man what a sick amp! played it with a Carvin Jason Becker sig model. Fantastic guitar by the way. Any who... of COURSE I grabbed some iPotato vid of it. It is definitely aggressive enough but I'd say compared to the Butterslax it is a little more "polite". Like if you're a kid over another family's house acting up at the dinner table and you're from the mid-west, it'd give you a stern look and then beat you in the car when no one was looking. The Butterslax would punch you in the face at the table...

:LOL: :LOL:

It will definitely thrash for days though and was a lot of fun to check out. I couldn't get it SUPER loud but even at just past conversational volume the tone was killer in the room.

JerEvil":3uowwmx4 said:
I know, right??? LOL! Man what a sick amp! played it with a Carvin Jason Becker sig model. Fantastic guitar by the way. Any who... of COURSE I grabbed some iPotato vid of it. It is definitely aggressive enough but I'd say compared to the Butterslax it is a little more "polite". Like if you're a kid over another family's house acting up at the dinner table and you're from the mid-west, it'd give you a stern look and then beat you in the car when no one was looking. The Butterslax would punch you in the face at the table...

It will definitely thrash for days though and was a lot of fun to check out. I couldn't get it SUPER loud but even at just past conversational volume the tone was killer in the room.

For some thrashy tones you should have hit the C45 switch on the back of the amp for a bit "more"...but it still sounded great.

mooncobra":3493uk6u said:
great amp, I played a BE100 and it rocked. But, so does the JJ and Butterslax. Which to get?
See! That's the tough call! I am PLANNING on th BE-50 Deluxe and after playing this guy I don't feel the least bit concerned selling the Splawn rig to fund ONE of the three. Talk about 1st World Problems!

Purpleibby":3493uk6u said:
JerEvil":3493uk6u said:

For some thrashy tones you should have hit the C45 switch on the back of the amp for a bit "more"...but it still sounded great.
Someone else mentioned that as well! Didn't even know it was there! LOL!

JerEvil":2nfkvhc3 said:
mooncobra":2nfkvhc3 said:
great amp, I played a BE100 and it rocked. But, so does the JJ and Butterslax. Which to get?
See! That's the tough call! I am PLANNING on th BE-50 Deluxe and after playing this guy I don't feel the least bit concerned selling the Splawn rig to fund ONE of the three. Talk about 1st World Problems!

Purpleibby":2nfkvhc3 said:
JerEvil":2nfkvhc3 said:

I leave it on, always;) BTW, love the guitar!

Purpleibby":2t4sgrk1 said:
JerEvil":2t4sgrk1 said:
mooncobra":2t4sgrk1 said:

Purpleibby":2t4sgrk1 said:
JerEvil":2t4sgrk1 said:

I leave it on, always;) BTW, love the guitar!
It is on sale for $999. It played amazingly well and the Floyd stayed in tune nicely. I am tempted to grab it.

Nice! I had a brand new BE-100 for 4 days back in june. Loved it...but it died unfortunately on the 4rth day and did not rise, so I returned it and went another route. Man I loved what came out of that amp.

I'm looking forward to hearing the BE-50 as well.

PBGas":2dtkw4uc said:
Nice! I had a brand new BE-100 for 4 days back in june. Loved it...but it died unfortunately on the 4rth day and did not rise, so I returned it and went another route. Man I loved what came out of that amp.

I'm looking forward to hearing the BE-50 as well.
That sucks man. I am sure you got some else great though. That 50 is going to be sick. I really liked this Carvin too! Makes me really want to check out an Ares 6...

scottosan":16xfb05f said:
Did you mess with the structure switch? Huge difference between low and high gain settings
Only messed with the front controls actually. Didn't do enough homework! Lol!

JerEvil":yg7fwitn said:
scottosan":yg7fwitn said:
Did you mess with the structure switch? Huge difference between low and high gain settings
its the 3 way switch closest to the input jack

cecilbag":3ivvshku said:
Can you tell me more on what it has over your Splawn
Hmmm... I think ultimately the adjustable switches allow for a bit more of a tonal difference you can "feel" when playing. Hear me now, I'll grab another Splawn. They're amazing amps and offer a TON of tone for the price. The Friedman seems to have a different mid range character that I like. My Sig X is VERY similar in feel to the Splawn and between it and the Henning Bottle Rocket I am more than covered on modded Marshall

The Splawn being sold isn't because it's not awesome, it is going to someone very cool and it was easier to move as a package to cover 2/3's of the new Friedman purchase. I just have a lot of that ground covered ampwise. The Sig gets a little more modern. The Henning is awesome and also a lifer. That amp started my journey into demo vids and is special for me.

The Friedman is also one of those "aspirational" pieces of gear if that makes sense. One of those things guys like me think, "maybe ONE day..."

scottosan":3ivvshku said:
JerEvil":3ivvshku said:
scottosan":3ivvshku said:
its the 3 way switch closest to the input jack
Oh then yes. You can see me switch it in the vid at times I think.

They are cool and have that core tone most of us like. If I owned one, I’d end up modding the shit out of it. I had one at my house last weekend and opened it up to check something and I was ready with my soldering Iron, but the Guy didn’t want to. lol

psychodave":poi0dmec said:
They are cool and have that core tone most of us like. If I owned one, I’d end up modding the shit out of it. I had one at my house last weekend and opened it up to check something and I was ready with my soldering Iron, but the Guy didn’t want to. lol
Where's his adventurous spirit????

Back