Charvel 2017 Style 2: MIM vs USA

Junk Yard Dog

I love HH Teles. I have two Schecter PT's that rock. Anyone have any experience with these MIM Style 2's?

2965301582_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I love it! I had 3 of the original USA run in that body style. I thought they sounded a little meatier than the Strat bodied models.

I have two em and PTs that sound amazing. I just put different pups in them and they rock. They are heavy Tele's and I can get some great LP and Strat tones. ...I love the Tele shape and may be looking to get one of these. My only concern is they seem to be lighter than usual, compared to my two PT's and my LP Trad Pro.

SavageRiffer":gvv825ox said:
I don't like that particular kind of guitar shape, but I love everything else.
Same exact thoughts - soooo close to greatness, especially love seeing a rosewood (?) board on a Charvel for a change...but that shape, nah, just not my thing.

Not a big fan of the Tele shape and imo the most redeeming quality of a Tele is the tone you get with that traditional Tele bridge and beefy single-coil. It's like what I always wanted a Strat bridge single-coil to sound like.

Junk Yard Dog":1y9wn1br said:
Seeing if anyone has played these?

Not the ash body, but yes. Typical Charvel feel and set up. If you have liked any of the other Mexi Charvels, you'll be very pleased.

Bought one as soon as they were available. Got the red one. Although I had my mind made up in about 2 minutes, I played it for about 20 minutes before I called Sweetwater to get an RA#.
Feels cheap, sounded and played like crap. Extremely disappointed in the fit and finish and overall build quality. For $899 with no bag or case...no thanks.
I eventually found this one on Ebay. $875 with the original bag, a much better built, playing and sounding guitar.
The new MIM Charvels simply don’t compare to the old U.S. Pro Mods in my opinion and there are still deals to be had on these.

Again, just my experience and opinion. YMMV.

IMG_0012_1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Back