VHT ultra lead user please help....

hopkinWFG

When switching at front panel at master volume maxed out do you guys have pops when switching from clean to rhythm or clean to lead ?

The pop seems like to be noise carried to signal path when the relays switched...

Any idea ?

I was just playing my UL earlier today and i can honestly say i have never had a pop on my UL when switching channels ever( no matter how i switch channels ) The only amp that has a small pop for me is my JP2C but it's very small.

hopkinWFG":u937axgu said:
Not ever when your master volume is maxed out when switching from clean to rhythm or lead ?

I can try with the master fully open tomorrow, i usually have the master around 7 or 8.

DragonCrestPC":29j5ywrl said:
hopkinWFG":29j5ywrl said:
Not ever when your master volume is maxed out when switching from clean to rhythm or lead ?

I can try with the master fully open tomorrow, i usually have the master around 7 or 8.

Please let me know if it pops when your master is at full max... and pop happens on mine only when on clean channel switched to either rhythm or lead...thanks really for the great help as i can only check with you guys here haha...

garey77":1yqbppxk said:
Does it happen when MV is not maxed?

It happens getting pops off from cabinet just a very faint sound when my MV is set at 1 to 2pm if you roll all the way up it pops loud enough thru the speakers but not crazily loud... and if you wind the MV down from 12pm to 8am you will hear the relays operating ...

No idea if its generic in all VHT amps with clean channel... cause i dont have pops issue for my 50CL it has two distorted channel.

Damn that must be hell on your ears? Master volume all the way up. Jesus, I remember having that amp and I never went past noon. Those are loud ass amps.

DragonCrestPC":1q3nlqy0 said:
Well tried mine and no "pop", just a soft click from the pedal is all i could detect.

Hi dragoncrestpc.. thanks but is my bad to have told you the pops i am getting is via switching at the amp front panel... will you be kind to try it please? Haha thanks.

Whowantsamustache":2mmntw65 said:
Damn that must be hell on your ears? Master volume all the way up. Jesus, I remember having that amp and I never went past noon. Those are loud ass amps.
The key to getting the killer tone with the Pittbull heads was to run the MV high (2-3'oclock), and the channel volumes low. That allows the power section to get cooking and the low channel volumes tamed the overall perceived volume. Sounds backwards, I know, but it works well and I got reasonable, if not near bedroom volumes with the MV fairly cranked - to the point that I would have to turn up to compete with my drummer.

Okay i just checked ( put brand new tubes in my UL ) and found there is a pop when using the front panel to change channels. Not sure how you use the MV up that loud though, that's insane.

DragonCrestPC":1lm1kjp0 said:
Okay i just checked ( put brand new tubes in my UL ) and found there is a pop when using the front panel to change channels. Not sure how you use the MV up that loud though, that's insane.

Oh no........ pop too? Well i usually set my MV to 1pm or 12. I recently noticed a faint pop and it caught my attention so i went ahead to turn up MV to see if its a stagnant faint pop but it amplifies with the pop on MV incrementally.....

But just wanna ask if you notice the pop fades out when u wind down the MV and switched u actually hear the relay clicking when you switch channels... i guess its mechanical carried on signal path... but i wonder it happens to all amps when switching thru front panel it will have this bad ass pop with the volume turns up

Maybe am being a geek here thinking the pop shouldent be present at all even with volume up..

Thanks alot for your help !!

Back