Good cab for the crate stealth 50 watt

BrentSSL

Looking for a good cab too compliment my crate stealth I am trying to keep the cost low. I used to use the 100 watt with a peavey 6505 cab but those are going for 400 these days. Any good sleeper cabs out there??

BrentSSL":1ylhs705 said:
Looking for a good cab too compliment my crate stealth I am trying to keep the cost low. I used to use the 100 watt with a peavey 6505 cab but those are going for 400 these days. Any good sleeper cabs out there??

Blue Doodoo cabs have V30's, I believe. Not bad for cheap.

Chances are, a couple hundred bucks will likely get you a piece of shit cab, or maybe a decent one with shit speakers.

You might luck into a 1960 for $300-ish. I've seen 5150 cabs $250-$300. I've seen decent older Peavey cabs $200-ish.

It's pretty obvious, you're only going to find a cheap cab locally.

You could look for the old Peavey cabs with the K100s in them. I found mine for $150. Looks like shit but sounds great!

What do the older Peavey cabs with k100s look like and has anyone ever used an ibanez tone blaster cab I have heard good things

BrentSSL":25bs9ars said:
What do the older Peavey cabs with k100s look like and has anyone ever used an ibanez tone blaster cab I have heard good things

TBX cab is great, has cool custom high power speakers, despite it being a cheap cab. I used it with the head for years before I really got into my gear addiction. I still use the cab

Tight, projects very well, great crunch for rock and metal. The speakers have a pretty balanced natire.
Side note, the handles feel good, haven't had them break, a friend of mine who also has this can had to replace the nuts on the speaker inputs with metal pieces instead of the cheaper plastic as his broke off, mine has stayed together well though.

Overall it's a nice and dependable cabinet considering the price

I'm really gonna have to check out the tine blaster. What are the speakers copied after?

Also what are K100 I thought they were just a peavey speaker? ?

Ok this is a bump because I need some opinions I found a cab with v30's in it for 200 dollars. I still need to confirm they are in there however. Once I do are te v30's the best fit for the stealth? Because I know it's a bit midrangey and cab be a little stiff. It is the 50 watt and has 6v6s and the cabs 16 ohm so I don't know if that'll fatten it up a bit or not. I have had a few different rectifiers and they seem to do well with the v30 due to the scooped metal sound they provide. Might still buy the ibanez tone blaster or a cab with k100s those sound amazing.
Let me know what you guys think please.

For that price just get it and drop the mids on the amp WAAY down, you'll be fine. I had a Fender Tonemaster 4x12 with V30s and it sounded fine with the Stealth.

Good for you man. Now, offer 2 of them for a trade for 2 greenbacks, and put the greenbacks on top of the V30s. Perfect.

Back