Dino's missing Metalhead Marshall???

JerryP

File this one under crazy ass shit! I had a customer bring me his Elan/Metalhead modded Marshall a little while back, very cool amp. Fast forward to now, the short story, Dino thinks the amp might be his stolen Marshall!
elan1600.gif

elan2600.gif

bhuard75":1co5jvd5 said:
Is the mod anything crazy? Do you offer something similar?

I can do it. It's an added tube for extra gain, added tube for a loop, and a noise gate. I have a Marshall showing up tomorrow that will be getting setup like it.

Those had that 'urinal cake' epoxy/silicone in the chassis to hide the circuitry right? I saw one on ebay 6 yrs ago, seller didn't know who modded it and by the time I figured it out it was gone. Should've bought it right away, was a BIN of 800. Early 2203.
Cool amp, I wonder how the owner feels if it is originally from Dino?

Racerxrated":2ofr3vge said:
Those had that 'urinal cake' epoxy/silicone in the chassis to hide the circuitry right? I saw one on ebay 6 yrs ago, seller didn't know who modded it and by the time I figured it out it was gone. Should've bought it right away, was a BIN of 800. Early 2203.
Cool amp, I wonder how the owner feels if it is originally from Dino?

Yes, that's the one. He didn't mod them all the same from what I've seen and heard. The owner was surprised to find out it could be the one. When I worked on it I thought it might be similar as it looked to be the same mods and era of an amp. I thought if it was modded around the same time it might be the same. This one had EL34's in it when it showed up. The stolen amp had 6550's. I set it up with 6550's.

If that's the Demanufacture amp, then it's a legendary piece of kit.
That album is in my top 5 metal releases of all time.

legendary amp and legendary player... pretty amazing piece of history that you had on the bench there amigo....

now i know what the next amp will be.... :rock:

dawnofdreamx97":1u1kj0no said:
legendary amp and legendary player... pretty amazing piece of history that you had on the bench there amigo....

Yeah, I’m curious about it now. :D

dawnofdreamx97":jcwxezl1 said:

:rock: I should have one to try out real soon.

GregM":1sns8ov8 said:
Has Dino offered to buy the amp from the current owner?

They have talked, but I don't want to speak for the amps owner or share anything he's told me in confidence. I contacted Dino and he told me he felt it was possible this was his amp. It hasn't been confirmed yet and I have my doubts. Apparently he's heard video and feels it sounds right.

Back