Yes!!! An EVH 5150 EL34 50 watt

napalmdeath":24aqh1qu said:
technomancer":24aqh1qu said:
napalmdeath":24aqh1qu said:
technomancer":24aqh1qu said:
Rayneman":24aqh1qu said:
I talked with my guy at Sweetwater. They had a Fender rep there at the time (or so he said) and my guy got back to me to say they are supposed to have them on the 24th.

The 24th is also the date the AMS gave me when they canceled my order that I snuck in when the amp was on their site for short period of time.

It is odd that there is no mention of the amp on evhgear.com or really anywhere for that matter.

I guess we'll wait for the 24th and hope it shows up :LOL: :LOL:

I would honestly take anything from Fender support with a huge grain of salt as they seem completely useless. Last time I contacted them was through Jackson to ask for dimensions on the tuners they use on current USA Custom Shop Soloists... neither Jackson or Fender could tell me and seemed annoyed that I expected them to know specs on a guitar they built :confused:

I'd be annoyed too, dealing with ticky-tacky stupid phone calls like that.

It was an email, who calls for something like that? You'd think somebody at CS would have info on replacement parts... Thanks for being a dick though :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, why would you ask them for that? Being that its CUSTOM SHOP, wouldn't there be choices?? Common sense would tell me that standard Gotohs, or Schaller locking or non-locking would be likely suspects, and their dimensions are plastered all over the net?? Again, its CUSTOM SHOP, dumbass. Unless you give them a serial number, or know which tuners are on the particular guitar in question, what are they supposed to do? With all this talk lately about shitty Customer Service, sometimes you have to wonder if it's not the lack of sense of the consumer, who has no regards for somebody's valuable time.

Given I included a serial number and the run the guitar was part of for a specific retailer and they were Jackson branded tuners yeah why would customer service be able to tell what they put on the guitar they built with company branded hardware? That said I have better things to do with my valuable time than feed an obvious troll so last post responding to you.

technomancer":3ibyc7u0 said:
napalmdeath":3ibyc7u0 said:
napalmdeath":3ibyc7u0 said:
Rayneman":3ibyc7u0 said:
I talked with my guy at Sweetwater. They had a Fender rep there at the time (or so he said) and my guy got back to me to say they are supposed to have them on the 24th.

The 24th is also the date the AMS gave me when they canceled my order that I snuck in when the amp was on their site for short period of time.

It is odd that there is no mention of the amp on evhgear.com or really anywhere for that matter.

I would honestly take anything from Fender support with a huge grain of salt as they seem completely useless. Last time I contacted them was through Jackson to ask for dimensions on the tuners they use on current USA Custom Shop Soloists... neither Jackson or Fender could tell me and seemed annoyed that I expected them to know specs on a guitar they built :confused:

It was an email, who calls for something like that? You'd think somebody at CS would have info on replacement parts... Thanks for being a dick though :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, why would you ask them for that? Being that its CUSTOM SHOP, wouldn't there be choices?? Common sense would tell me that standard Gotohs, or Schaller locking or non-locking would be likely suspects, and their dimensions are plastered all over the net?? Again, its CUSTOM SHOP, dumbass. Unless you give them a serial number, or know which tuners are on the particular guitar in question, what are they supposed to do? With all this talk lately about shitty Customer Service, sometimes you have to wonder if it's not the lack of sense of the consumer, who has no regards for somebody's valuable time.

Given I included a serial number and the run the guitar was part of for a specific retailer and they were Jackson branded tuners yeah why would customer service be able to tell what they put on the guitar they built with company branded hardware? That said I have better things to do with my valuable time than feed an obvious troll so last post responding to you.

Not trolling, just asking. Did you have said guitar in your possession? If so, would measuring one help your cause?

napalmdeath":2zifpukp said:
technomancer":2zifpukp said:
Rayneman":2zifpukp said:

Not trolling, just asking. Did you have said guitar in your possession? If so, would measuring one help your cause?

It was a used guitar I picked up, I was going to drop locking tuners on it but the strings on it were in good shape, the setup wasn't bad, the intonation was good, and the board and frets were clean so pulling the strings and tuners to measure the tuner mounting holes, ordering new tuners, waiting for them to arrive while the guitar sat with no strings, then doing a restring on it seemed silly. I figured if Jackson told me what was on it I could have ordered the new tuners and waited to restring / setup until the guitar needed it and installed the tuners at the same time. It was a recent guitar too (IIRC 2015) so not like I was asking them to reference something obscure built in the 80s before Fender bought out Jackson.

Anyways to get back on topic, two stores have quoted a release date of the 24th and a third store in Europe has them listed online currently while Fender has claimed they don't exist... I'm going to bet they are out on the 24th and the Fender rep didn't know what he was talking about :LOL: :LOL:

technomancer":3lw6lnzn said:
napalmdeath":3lw6lnzn said:
Rayneman":3lw6lnzn said:

It was a used guitar I picked up, I was going to drop locking tuners on it but the strings on it were in good shape, the setup wasn't bad, the intonation was good, and the board and frets were clean so pulling the strings and tuners to measure the tuner mounting holes, ordering new tuners, waiting for them to arrive while the guitar sat with no strings, then doing a restring on it seemed silly. I figured if Jackson told me what was on it I could have ordered the new tuners and waited to restring / setup until the guitar needed it and installed the tuners at the same time. It was a recent guitar too (IIRC 2015) so not like I was asking them to reference something obscure built in the 80s before Fender bought out Jackson.

Anyways to get back on topic, two stores have quoted a release date of the 24th and a third store in Europe has them listed online currently while Fender has claimed they don't exist... I'm going to bet they are out on the 24th and the Fender rep didn't know what he was talking about :LOL: :LOL:

Interesting. Funny, I google EVH EL34 50, and a pic pops up of it's matching 2x12 cab. Then when you click on it, it's the regular 2x12. Pitbull Audio. Clever bait and switch there. You can even tell the EL34 badge is photoshopped.

Another online dealer posted a teaser shot of a closeup of the amp on Facebook...

EDIT: and EVH Gear posted a teaser photo a couple minutes ago. Going to say they're coming out :LOL: :LOL:

I hope they hurry ! Since I sold my EVH 3 50 watt head to get this I only have my pedal amp board with the Quilter Microblock pedal amp,even though it sounds great I can only imagine how Badass the el34 50 watt heads going to sound!

Rayneman":m6pzbodh said:

Just dropped on that site, and Scott Ian is hyping EVH amps now. That dude is a fuckin' amp whore..

midnightlaundry":9wrgr360 said:
Rayneman":9wrgr360 said:

Just dropped on that site, and Scott Ian is hyping EVH amps now. That dude is a fuckin' amp whore..

I don't think Randall will be around much longer, he's been with them for years.

I saw a youtube video the other day that said Randall's factory in China that was building their amps closed up. This is why dealers don't have shit, and probably contributed to Fortin bolting. They've been scrambling for a new Asian factory, apparently... Not sure how true it is, but explains alot.

napalmdeath":1eql0z11 said:
midnightlaundry":1eql0z11 said:
Rayneman":1eql0z11 said:

I don't think Randall will be around much longer, he's been with them for years.

I saw a youtube video the other day that said Randall's factory in China that was building their amps closed up. This is why dealers don't have shit, and probably contributed to Fortin bolting. They've been scrambling for a new Asian factory, apparently... Not sure how true it is, but explains alot.

Yeah seems Scott Ian skipped to EVH when Randall stopped delivering amps / tour support, funny how that works. He's been with EVH for at least a couple of months now using the Stealth EL34 IIRC. Much like everything else people make a living from it's a business.

technomancer":1usb7cgn said:
napalmdeath":1usb7cgn said:
midnightlaundry":1usb7cgn said:
Rayneman":1usb7cgn said:

Yeah seems Scott Ian skipped to EVH when Randall stopped delivering amps / tour support, funny how that works. He's been with EVH for at least a couple of months now using the Stealth EL34 IIRC. Much like everything else people make a living from it's a business.

Randall has been in the shitter for awhile. I don't know how they could possibly stay in business, with this last delivery issue.. Their marketing is awful, delivery is awful, and Joe Delaney is a douche, if you ask me..

napalmdeath":zghxjsf8 said:
technomancer":zghxjsf8 said:
napalmdeath":zghxjsf8 said:
midnightlaundry":zghxjsf8 said:
Rayneman":zghxjsf8 said:

Randall has been in the shitter for awhile. I don't know how they could possibly stay in business, with this last delivery issue.. Their marketing is awful, delivery is awful, and Joe Delaney is a douche, if you ask me..

Yeah honestly I was interested briefly when Fortin was there then lost all interest when he left :LOL: :LOL:

chadprsman":2mpua6o5 said:
Sweetwater was expecting the Nov 10th, I got on list. He called back and said "they're here". Should ship tomorrow.

Nice! Can't wait to hear how you like it.

chadprsman":ajcu350i said:
Sweetwater was expecting the Nov 10th, I got on list. He called back and said "they're here". Should ship tomorrow.

Awesome! Enjoy! Having this the 100W EL34 version of this amp has made me forget about wanting anything else at this point. It ticks all the boxes for me....3 independent channels, 3 independent presence controls, 3 independent resonance controls, rear bias test port, EL-34s, easy to service tube layout plus some great tones!

This 50W version has some nice updates to it with the concentric volumes and gains. Great little package!

:rock:

My amp arrived not too long ago, and I've spent a few minutes checking it out...advantage of working from home. I had the 6L6 version that I really liked, which is now in the possession of the thread starter :D .

I need a lot more time with it but my initial impressions are as follows:

- Green Clean is clean and is now independent of the Blue from a gain/volume perspective hooray! It can get loud and stay clean. Happy to have this now, if I end up using this amp to gig, it will be great to have.

- Blue Channel seems to me to be very different from the 6L6 50 watter. I'd really need to A/B them, but I recall the 6L6 Blue to have more gain and be tighter that this one. This one is more of what I'd call a real rhythm channel, but there is still quite a bit of gain. Its a vastly different tone from the Red channel on this amp, whereas I didn't think that to be the case with the 6L6 amp. This could be a very good thing from a versatility point of view, but I am not sure there are any "metal" tones anywhere in the Blue channel. Its possible I am mis-remembering my other EVH. I do recall being able to use the 6L6 Blue channel for most any type of music I'd ever play, and not feel like it needed more gain or to be tighter.

- Red is great, I think its a bit crunchier that the 6L6 and sounds brighter to me, but in a good way. I know people have complained about the high end from demos, and I am using the EVH 2x12 here, but I don't notice any unpleasant high end at all, but of course I am not cranking presence or highs. Everything is at noon on the red channel. Easy to play, sounds good, feels good. I have not ventured above noon on the gain.

So yeah, I am happy to have the EVH "back" and in this form looking forward to more time with it and hearing what other people have to say.

Back