Yes!!! An EVH 5150 EL34 50 watt

Do want!

So is this strictly an EL34 version of the original 50w and not a 50w Stealth?

Hopefully they hit Canada soon...

It was up on AMS briefly a couple of days ago then they pulled it.

Price was $1099 and ETA was showing 10/15. There was also a matching 2x12 cab.

technomancer":2nni1pgb said:

I dont understand why they didnt leave it up for preorders.
They have Charvels 'Frenchie" on preorder since August and they are not due till 10/16.
Isn't EVH and Charvel part of FMC?

From reading that article, it sounds like they finally addressed the #1 complaint about the shared controls for channel 1 and 2, and gave the gain and volumes their own seperate controls for each channel like on the LBX 2. I'm sold then if the clean is the same as the 100 watt el34

Moshaholic":246egxlk said:
The dual pots like on the new EVH lunchbox II fix the volume jump issue...!

Anybody notice that?

:rock:
Yup..Dual push pull correct? When the previous thread about this popped up, I looked up the AMS listing and although the pic showed the same layout as the regular 50w, the description described the seperate gain/volumes. Looking forward to this!

Racerxrated":3c4pv35m said:
Moshaholic":3c4pv35m said:
The dual pots like on the new EVH lunchbox II fix the volume jump issue...!

Anybody notice that?

Yup..Dual push pull correct? When the previous thread about this popped up, I looked up the AMS listing and although the pic showed the same layout as the regular 50w, the description described the seperate gain/volumes. Looking forward to this!

They're concentric post like on the LBXII

I just called AMS and was told "If its not on our website we are not taking orders for it". Well I kinda figured that,just wanting the inside scoop..I too have the 5150-3 head and would like to try out the el34 head,and if I like it sell my 6L6 head.

I sold off all my EVH amps when I went full Fractal but I think I will grab this amp and matching 2x12 cab when they come out just to have an amp around the house.

i spoke to sweetwater on the amp. it goes live for preorders on the 10/15 and ships 10/24. they asked if i wanted to preorder, however they couldnt give me a price yet so i am waiting to find out the cost. My sales guy wasnt in and one of the others had called me back. He had no knowledge of the amp when i called, said he would check with "someone who would know" called back about an hour later with the info.

kinda crazy that evh hasnt rolled out info quicker on it

Pbfoot":2kk898ae said:
i spoke to sweetwater on the amp. it goes live for preorders on the 10/15 and ships 10/24. they asked if i wanted to preorder, however they couldnt give me a price yet so i am waiting to find out the cost. My sales guy wasnt in and one of the others had called me back. He had no knowledge of the amp when i called, said he would check with "someone who would know" called back about an hour later with the info.

Strange marketing.... list it, pull it. Say it exists for preorder but won't give a price :confused: Hopefully some clips, reviews come up this week before the preorder. Still, Im damn intrigued and it is my Bday 10/24... might make a good gift for myself :yes:

suhrimmetal":39yt3qp3 said:
Pbfoot":39yt3qp3 said:

Strange marketing.... list it, pull it. Say it exists for preorder but won't give a price :confused: Hopefully some clips, reviews come up this week before the preorder. Still, Im damn intrigued and it is my Bday 10/24... might make a good gift for myself :yes:

especially with the success that they have had with the 50w 6l6 evh head and as far as i can tell the el 34 100 watt head. i've watched reverb, ebay, and the classifieds here and you dont see many used el 34 amps. they had to sell enough to warrant the 50w head a person would think. Give it a couple months lead time to intro it, vids, demo's and such but that woulnd be very Edward like.

Pbfoot":ukrt6g57 said:
suhrimmetal":ukrt6g57 said:
Pbfoot":ukrt6g57 said:

especially with the success that they have had with the 50w 6l6 evh head and as far as i can tell the el 34 100 watt head. i've watched reverb, ebay, and the classifieds here and you dont see many used el 34 amps. they had to sell enough to warrant the 50w head a person would think. Give it a couple months lead time to intro it, vids, demo's and such but that woulnd be very Edward like.
The price on it before AMS pulled the ad was 1099.

John4021":2k6xpajg said:
technomancer":2k6xpajg said:

I dont understand why they didnt leave it up for preorders.
They have Charvels 'Frenchie" on preorder since August and they are not due till 10/16.
Isn't EVH and Charvel part of FMC?
Yeah I'm wondering where the Frenchies are,I got one of the first orders in and paid in full. I pulled the trigger the minute they were announced at Summer NAMM.

Back