Carvin Audio closing up

Hey everyone,

Carvin has asked me to share the news that the company is alive and well and moving forward with some new leadership. I moderated social media for them just before the closure of the San Diego factory. Here is a statement from the company:

Hey everybody!
We here at Carvin Amps & Audio wanted to take a moment to clear up some confusion we’ve noticed surrounding our company.

You may have seen that we announced the closure of our San Diego, CA factory and liquidated discontinued products. Many saw this as a sign that the company was going out of business. Instead, this was a move towards re-structuring the company.

We re-launched our website this past January ahead of the Winter NAMM Show and began moving forward with new leadership. Joel Kiesel will serve as President and Kristen Kiesel Lieurance will serve as Vice President. Joel and Kristen are the children of Carson Kiesel, who recently retired from his role as President, and grandchildren of founder Lowell Kiesel. They mark the third generation of the Kiesel family to head up the company.

In addition to the recent release of the X1 All Tube Preamp Pedal, we are currently designing new guitar, bass, and pro audio products. New product announcements will be made when gear is ready and available. Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know. We have a new, centralized U.S. warehouse that provides quicker service to customers nationwide. Products are now shipping worldwide and through select dealers. Go to carvinaudio.com to order your gear today.

We’re excited to share a new chapter in our 70+ year history with you and continue the tradition we’ve established in that time.

If you have any questions please feel free to visit our website and reach out to us!

###

If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer.

sutepaj":33lovpt6 said:
Are Carvin Amps/Pedals/Pro Audio still going to be made in the USA?

Nope, the kids of the original owners are operating the company and all the gear is being made overseas. Literally "Not your father's Carvin"

sutepaj":3087z8y3 said:
Are Carvin Amps/Pedals/Pro Audio still going to be made in the USA?

Right now there are no amps.
The pedals are still made in the US
Pro audio is not made in the US to my knowledge.

Right now this is very slow moving, baby-steps. A contract manufacturer handles the assembly and there is a central warehouse that will fulfill orders.

Glad the brand didn't die. The pedals look very nice but also very expensive considering there are some pretty amazing AIAB and preamp types out there for a lot less. Kingsley, Bogner, Friedman etc.

glassjaw7":2o08ys1c said:
Glad the brand didn't die. The pedals look very nice but also very expensive considering there are some pretty amazing AIAB and preamp types out there for a lot less. Kingsley, Bogner, Friedman etc.

Which Bogner and Friedman pedals are those? Not the Synergy stuff, right?

Back