Carvin Audio closing up

kylendm

Looks like Carvin is closing shop.
https://carvinaudio.com/

Quoting Spudmunkey on Sevenstring.org

Per Carvin Audio:

The Carvin Audio factory will be closing our doors, and we are liquidating our stock. Save 25% on most items with promo BIGSAVE. All sales are final."

From Kiesel Guitars, formerly a part of the same company for decades:

With the announcement that Carvin Audio and Amplifiers is ceasing operations effective Monday, October 9 2017, Kiesel Guitars wants to let our customers know that this in no way affects the continued operations at the Kiesel Guitars USA Custom Shop. Because Kiesel Guitars and Carvin Audio became separate entities in 2015, we are in no way impacted by the shuttering of Carvin Audio and Amplifiers. Kiesel Guitars is building more guitars and basses than ever before, and we’re already looking ahead to our 75th Anniversary in 2021. Kiesel Guitars continues going strong by significantly expanding our guitar and bass offerings, hiring additional personnel, offering world-wide direct sales, participating in Summer NAMM in addition to our long-running presence at Winter NAMM, and adding many new endorsers to the Kiesel Guitars family of artists. Additionally, we've recently converted our state-of-the-art Escondido facility to all solar power, and we continue to make dramatic improvements to our design, engineering and manufacturing processes so we can, and will, continue to offer the best made-in-the-USA guitars and basses at factory-direct pricing that is unequaled in the industry.

We'd like to express our sincere gratitude to our customers for their continued support, and we'd like to wish the staff of Carvin Audio and Amplifiers success in their future endeavors.

Mark Kiesel, President, Kiesel Guitars
Jeff Kiesel, Vice President, Kiesel Guitars

No more mini catalogs in the mail... :no:

... and what amps will Steve Via now use? :aww: :scared:

Time could be right for a Vai signature Bogner 101B...

Me too. Sad to hear. I'm thankful that I still have my snakeskin 2x12 cab from a few years back.
I wish I'd not sold my guitar though.

Shocked to hear this.

Damn, that sucks. The Vai Legacy is one of those amps I’ve always wanted but never pulled the trigger on. Looks like they’ve already ran out of stock on them.

This is truly sad. A great company closing its doors. I've bought many carvin products over the years and it's always been amazing value and outstanding quality. I wish I had the cash for their line array pa

When Jeff and his dad took the guitar division seperate back in 2015, I though this would happen. The guitar division was basically carrying the audio division for years and Jeff and his dad probably felt restricted by it. When Kiesel went separate they really went out of their way to distance themselves from the Carvin name. So to me this was no surprise.

I still see the Becker signature model on their site.
So they are still making carvin guitars??

$100 for the legacy preamp pedal????
Isn't that usually $400 ?

ElectricVoodoo":ar6v9h2f said:

In 2015 The Guitar division left and was renamed Kiesel. So Carvin became 2 separate companies. Carvin Audio and Kiesel Guitars.

Sad to see them go. They had a unique model and a lot of value for the products that they produced. I love my legacy, power amp cabinets and power amp that I have for my pa. If anyone is thinking about picking up PA gear, now is the time. I guess I need to pick up a backup Legacy before they become astronomical in price.

End of an era... sad. The X100B and Legacy were great amps. Watch Steve Vai sign with Marshall or something. Carvin just couldn't put together the right product and marketing to compete in the market I guess. Their guitars have gotten pricey, so I probably won't buy another one given the abundance of choices on the market these days. Too damned bad.

baron55":1zywh0vv said:
ElectricVoodoo":1zywh0vv said:

In 2015 The Guitar division left and was renamed Kiesel. So Carvin became 2 separate companies. Carvin Audio and Kiesel Guitars.

Where were you seeing those prices? Looks like the pedal is still 400+ on the website?

Kapo_Polenton":3bdumcjf said:
baron55":3bdumcjf said:
ElectricVoodoo":3bdumcjf said:

Where were you seeing those prices? Looks like the pedal is still 400+ on the website?
Yeah, it seems the pedal price isn’t discounted. The BIGSAVE code doesn’t even work to get 25% off.

Back