Rig Talk Jam. No old turds allowed.

Once again, everyone has just heard everyone's takes already. Why would midnightlaundry take the time to cut them all together, mix it and produce a final?

Are you guys posting them mixed with the backing? I thought the idea was to send a raw track for midnightlaundry to cut together and mix. That is the way we've done this multi-guitarist things in the past...

Steve

sah5150":81kctbhr said:
Once again, everyone has just heard everyone's takes already. Why would midnightlaundry take the time to cut them all together, mix it and produce a final?

Are you guys posting them mixed with the backing? I thought the idea was to send a raw track for midnightlaundry to cut together and mix. That is the way we've done this multi-guitarist things in the past...

Steve
That was my thought as well... Was going to do a take this evening.

JerEvil":19vmjvp8 said:
sah5150":19vmjvp8 said:

Steve
I was gonna do one this weekend as well, but I might as well mix it myself and just post it at this point if I do decide to do one...

Steve

sah5150":m3zwbtt7 said:

Steve

Yeah that's turned me off a bit from this. Part of the fun I thought was the mystique and waiting to hear everyone's takes.

Just throwing a link in this thread is the same thing as someone making a new thread and saying, "look what I recorded!" Which is fine and obviously cool since this is a gear forum, but not what this was supposed to be about given this was supposed to be a community activity.

And OP did specify "send it to me."

Regardless, I've enjoyed all of the takes I've heard so far!

I've only listened to a couple of takes on here...just ain't had the time to go through them. I'd still like to here the final mix, with everyone's "take".

Thanks for all that have participated....I like these threads !

sah5150":olmmvxiv said:
JerEvil":olmmvxiv said:
sah5150":olmmvxiv said:

Steve
I was gonna do one this weekend as well, but I might as well mix it myself and just post it at this point if I do decide to do one...

Steve

Nah man, still send it to him! I haven't listened to anyone else's yet, so it will be fun when I do!

HilltopExplosion":21fr5107 said:
sah5150":21fr5107 said:
JerEvil":21fr5107 said:
sah5150":21fr5107 said:

Steve

Steve

Nah man, still send it to him! I haven't listened to anyone else's yet, so it will be fun when I do!

Agreed. I deleted my tonefinder link and stopped listening to the submissions.

I still need to write mine, so hopefully a few more will jump in, so I can at least have 8 players . I could have it ready for early next week.

Salos":3hkpue14 said:
sah5150":3hkpue14 said:

Steve

Yeah that's turned me off a bit from this. Part of the fun I thought was the mystique and waiting to hear everyone's takes.

Just throwing a link in this thread is the same thing as someone making a new thread and saying, "look what I recorded!" Which is fine and obviously cool since this is a gear forum, but not what this was supposed to be about given this was supposed to be a community activity.

And OP did specify "send it to me."

Regardless, I've enjoyed all of the takes I've heard so far!

That's why i rerecorded mine and sent it straight to him. Made a few changes for fluidity.

Just woke up...
My ‘whiny cunt’ alert was ringing....
Opened the phone and this thread popped up. Jesus people.
It’s a fucking guitar recording. Not a secret plan to kill the president.
Seriously. :2thumbsup:

Can’t enyone just ‘have fun’? These days??
I liked what guys are putting out from this thread. :rock:

Got 3 pms.
From 3 different members.
Said my last post was ‘too harsh’
‘Rude’
‘In appropriate ‘

Really considering pulling the plug and bailing. :aww:
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Question: If the final mix is going to sound right it seems we should soloing from when that G chord hits and then solo thru the C and D chords at the end. Then the next guy takes over. Or something like that. For example, Savageriffer's solo (which was awesome btw) started right away and stopped at the C chord. Midnight was clear about when to start but I'm not clear on whether we solo thru the C and D chords at the end.

Mailman1971":38q0dzlz said:
Got 3 pms.
‘Rude’
‘In appropriate ‘

I thought it was hilarious.. I can't believe how soft people are nowadays.. I wanna say stop being such a little faggots, but the PC social media collective feeding frenzy would fry me.. Oh wait, I just did, and I don't do social media.. Whew..

midnightlaundry":1jj1cycs said:
Mailman1971":1jj1cycs said:
Got 3 pms.
‘Rude’
‘In appropriate ‘

I thought it was hilarious.. I can't believe how soft people are nowadays.. I wanna say stop being such a little faggots, but the PC social media collective feeding frenzy would fry me.. Oh wait, I just did, and I don't do social media.. Whew..
Thank you sir!! :LOL: :LOL:
I thought buds could always rip on each other.
This new ‘time out people ‘ society has me scratching my head :confused:

Mailman1971":282cifp8 said:
midnightlaundry":282cifp8 said:
Mailman1971":282cifp8 said:
Got 3 pms.
‘Rude’
‘In appropriate ‘

What a damned shame. First the whiners come along harping on and on about how people were posting their solos, then whatever the hell happened between then and now... I thought if I just stayed away from off-topic bullshit and focused on playing and gear it would be something of a safe zone, but the snowflakes have to fuck things up for everyone else.

Fuck all of that. When it comes time to lay down the tracks, the assholes always running their mouths do anything EXCEPT put out some music. Then we get stuck with this bullshit. Look Midnightlaundry, don't worry man. There are some great players on the forum. There doesn't need to be any rush to put something together. Let it trickle in. Maybe another time you can put together a heavier track which would probably be more popular around here. For now, just compile what you have so far and add on more later.

Mailman1971":1jruhcyg said:
This comes to mind :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back