In Flames - Bjorn - Custom Marshall info ???

Norton666

I heard about these amps a couple of years ago , but I didn't realize that anything materialized. I am not a huge In Flames fan , but his live tone has blown me away every time I've seen them. I have always been curious about his rig. Anyone know anything about these amps?

https://youtu.be/mCscm7glz7U

Seems like he started something that never finished. Last time i was on an inflames stage he was still usign pods for clean glad to see that changed haha.

Ill see what i can find out.

"The amp that I’m using is a prototype that’s never going to be in line. They’re never going to make an amp line out of it. But, I was fortunate because they made a few and shipped them over here to Doug Aldrich and I got to borrow his amps in the beginning here. That was fantastic. It was very, very nice of him and it helped me very much. Now, I scraped together a couple of my own, so I have a few over here and a few in Europe. That’s all I need."

moltenmetalburn":bgkz4n8w said:
"The amp that I’m using is a prototype that’s never going to be in line. They’re never going to make an amp line out of it. But, I was fortunate because they made a few and shipped them over here to Doug Aldrich and I got to borrow his amps in the beginning here. That was fantastic. It was very, very nice of him and it helped me very much. Now, I scraped together a couple of my own, so I have a few over here and a few in Europe. That’s all I need."

Figure out what Aldrich has.

Found your answers.....

This guy apparently sold it on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/6801474-doug-al ... -prototype

Description: "2009 Marshall "DLA 100" Prototype head custom made for and owned by Doug Aldrich. 1 of only 2 made. The amp was also shared and used by Björn Gelotte of In Flames.

Can do clean to high gain mean and everything between. From E standard to drop tunings. Has a built-in Studio expander type noise gate, a built-in tube screamer style boost circuit
Reverb, and a three-way gain structure switch the same as found on late model Friedman amps and implemented and found on Cameron built amps and Aldrich modded amps."

Blows my mind why Marshall doesn't release more amps like this, and end/suspend productions of other models to make room in the line.

Norton666":3m8ow3q8 said:
I heard about these amps a couple of years ago , but I didn't realize that anything materialized. I am not a huge In Flames fan , but his live tone has blown me away every time I've seen them. I have always been curious about his rig. Anyone know anything about these amps?

delay sound (one repeat plus a little bit) he said. Is he talking about reverb on this beast?

No kidding, that amp sounds great in the clips and looks like they thought of adding all the right bells and whistles. Why didn't something like this take off instead of releasing more lower budget shit models?

napalmdeath":p0lh0ljw said:
Found your answers.....

This guy apparently sold it on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/6801474-doug-al ... -prototype

Description: "2009 Marshall "DLA 100" Prototype head custom made for and owned by Doug Aldrich. 1 of only 2 made. The amp was also shared and used by Björn Gelotte of In Flames.

Can do clean to high gain mean and everything between. From E standard to drop tunings. Has a built-in Studio expander type noise gate, a built-in tube screamer style boost circuit
Reverb, and a three-way gain structure switch the same as found on late model Friedman amps and implemented and found on Cameron built amps and Aldrich modded amps."
Marshall would sell a shit ton of these. This is what any Marshall fan would love to see offered.

moltenmetalburn":1x8hhn14 said:
moltenmetalburn":1x8hhn14 said:

Figure out what Aldrich has.

There's gotta be at least 100 guys on here that probably know every piece of gear he's ever owned in his life.

I couldn't agree more. Why the hell won't Marshall release anything resembling a hot rod? This amp in particular would be an instant big seller. It will probably sell more if it's not a signature model at all

cecilbag":2g5ycuyn said:
I couldn't agree more. Why the hell won't Marshall release anything resembling a hot rod? This amp in particular would be an instant big seller. It will probably sell more if it's not a signature model at all
Exactly. Price it at 1999, you are WAAY cheaper than Friedman and it's a real Marshall.

Pipe dream though.
:doh:

I couldn't tell from the Clip but the only thing i'd like to see added to that amp would be a Resonance Knob for Extra Thump if needed. The Amp sounds so good though.

thenine":2dg9cl3p said:
Norton666":2dg9cl3p said:

delay sound (one repeat plus a little bit) he said. Is he talking about reverb on this beast?

Yeah... that stuck out to me too. Built-in delay? Huh... whaaa.... Hmmm.

I think he had to mean reverb and confused it with delay. Cool amp nonetheless. And if Marshall is listening... build it now!!!!

Racerxrated":3ipdvonn said:
cecilbag":3ipdvonn said:
Exactly. Price it at 1999, you are WAAY cheaper than Friedman and it's a real Marshall.

Pipe dream though.
:doh:

Exactly what I was thinking 1999-2100 and you are golden.

Back