Two Notes Captor - solid state amps, no ohm switch

Juraj

Hi guys,
like in the title i have a question about the Captor and solid state amps that have only min ohmage written on the back.

A few days ago i got my Two Notes Captor 8 ohm, and so far i am using it with my Orange tiny terror into my interface, and i love the sound i am getting :LOL: :LOL: . All the cab sims are insane, and so is the software itself. I read the manual and the captor is all i have wanted and more for silent playing and recording, but there are still questions i did not get a definitive answer (possibly did not understand).

I also own a Fender FM 100H, a 100w solid state head and on the back it says 4 ohms min. 100 watts, and the manual says and i quote "When using the FM 100H to drive any other speaker enclosure, ensure that the speaker impedance is no less than 4 ohms and that the speaker is rated to handle a minimum of 100 watts."

So, can i use an amp that asks for a min ohmage of 4 ohms and 100 watts on my Captor that is rated for 8 ohms without a speaker cab (as a loadbox), to record and play with cab sims directly into an interface?

And my 2nd question is, can i use my 8 ohm head into the captor (8ohm) and connect a speaker of any impedance (4,8 or 16) to the ATT speaker out, or do i have to go the same ohmage or higher (in my case 8ohm or higher 16 ohm)?

Back