More Late night Butterslax love!!!

Btw thanks @EvilBatman for the tips on the Celestionplus Redbacks... was using them on this recording... came out pretty thick sounding.

Sick.

Fucking awesomely sick.

And Bill Paxton to boot. Even sicker.

Sounds SO tasty... Hard to get that "what it really sounds like in the room" feel on mic eh?? I'm going to go 3 way with recording it - 2 close mics (SM57), 1 room/ambient mic (Royer or the Rode NT1000), phase checked for resonant pullback. I find the NT1000 is actually really good at capturing the room's thickness and weight. Might just be me - I'll be posting clips once my room gets set up - was just there tonight - unpacking... STOKED :yes: :rock:

Thanks for keeping the Salx vibe alive 'errrrrl'... All pau, maikaʻi loa playing brah. Todo ono (that one I made up with my buddies in the lineup at Tunnels - "todo" meaning "all/everything" in Spanish - "ono" usually meaning good or tasty in regards to food, but wtf, we went with "todo ono" after paddling back from getting shacked over and over again back in June :D

Ventura":xvmu1vql said:
Sick.

Fucking awesomely sick.

And Bill Paxton to boot. Even sicker.

Sounds SO tasty... Hard to get that "what it really sounds like in the room" feel on mic eh?? I'm going to go 3 way with recording it - 2 close mics (SM57), 1 room/ambient mic (Royer or the Rode NT1000), phase checked for resonant pullback. I find the NT1000 is actually really good at capturing the room's thickness and weight. Might just be me - I'll be posting clips once my room gets set up - was just there tonight - unpacking... STOKED :yes: :rock:

Thanks for keeping the Salx vibe alive 'errrrrl'... All pau, maikaʻi loa playing brah. Todo ono (that one I made up with my buddies in the lineup at Tunnels - "todo" meaning "all/everything" in Spanish - "ono" usually meaning good or tasty in regards to food, but wtf, we went with "todo ono" after paddling back from getting shacked over and over again back in June :D
Thanks Ventura, Bill Paxton rules :rock: I can't wait to hear your mic'd setup man *shaka*

Tronald Dump":xvmu1vql said:
Some good chuggin' you got there, nice work!
Thanks man, I guess i'm out of the testing phase and should probably start writing and recording full length songs already... something about a couple of riffs to video clips that I enjoy doing lol

John4021":xvmu1vql said:
That was a hellofa Monday morning wake up :rock:
Thanks brother!
slyym":xvmu1vql said:
Good lord that is thick as hell!!!!!!! Hey what do you use to make the video with your music?
Thanks man, it only took about 2 years to get use to loads and IRs :LOL: :LOL: I'm using an older version of Sony Vegas on Windows 10 for video editing, works well for my purposes and there are shitloads of howto videos on youtube which is awesome.

JerEvil":xvmu1vql said:
Dude I LOVE your clips and Frailty... stellar movie! Nice chugging for sure!
Thanks man and likewise a fan of your vids and recordings as well :thumbsup:

Stealthtastic":xvmu1vql said:
Mmmmm...reminds me of bolt thrower and crowbar.
I can totally see that :rock:

LunatiBSW":xvmu1vql said:
:rock: NICE HEAVIES
Thanks man! Dude you need to start recording your riffs and stuff too... Like for realz :rock:

napalmdeath":xvmu1vql said:
WTF does Butterslax mean, anway?
Honestly not too sure, I read that it was the first band's name from that Mastodon guy but beyond that no idea...

Loudness250":1l3svtg3 said:
Killer!!! What guitar did you use?
Thanks man! I used a really beat up Gibson SG goth I got for $300 bucks a few years ago :LOL: :LOL: Just got it back from having some fret work done, feels great now.

Back