NAD Coming. Mezzabarba MZERO Overdrive !!! :-O Tips?

I'm fired up, I have an Mezzabarba MZERO Overdrive incoming! I just pulled the trigger and I can't wait!

The recent demo I had absolutely blew my mind in terms of finding the perfect high gain amp that has a great clean...clean, edge tones and beyond. The amp sounded so damn huge and open on the clean channel, I have not seen anything like it. And of course the gain channel rocks...and is capable of far more gain than i'll need.

I see a few posts here and there where people talk about how awesome this amp is, and when we all see that so much in posts it just sounds like the usual enthusiasm and use of superlatives, but this is truly an amp that you just have to hear and feel in order to believe it how good it sounds/feels. I hear Satriani is using one on his forthcoming album and I saw a pic of Joe and Sammy Hagar next to one, so I guess a lot of people are starting to discover this amp.

I love all the video's that exist of people playing the amp, and of course the Doug Rappoport video is killer, but really it was this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-FOT1WH_BY that got my attention in terms of finding a high gain beast with a great clean channel. I approached the demo with anticipation, wondering if the video was just studio magic...and I was blown away that hearing it in person it sounded even better!

So, you MZERO users, if you have any tips for me in terms of settings, signal paths with effects, pedals you've tried with the amp, tube recommendations or NOS tube experiences...anything, give me something to feed by enthusiasm while I endure the tortuous wait for this thing to arrive. :)

Congrats man! I know you are excited about it! I can tell you roughly how I run mine. 1st channel preamp on about 7 or 8, both boosts on. Second channel preamp on about 5 or 6. Bass on about 4, mids on about 4 or 5, treble on about 7, depth/resonance off, presence about 7, feedback about -2 to 0. This is all WITHOUT any boost or pedals into the front.

Play with that feedback knob and the presence settings. Together they do a lot for the feel and tone of the amp. You can see from my settings I tend to keep the bass under control. I like tight, punchy bass without a lot of big boom, so you may prefer more bass or resonance than me. I play through 4X12s most of the time and find it has plenty of bass with my settings, especially at higher volumes, but YMMV.

One last tip: CRANK DAT SUMMA MA BITCH UP AND ENJOY!!!!! :D

Jayy":16fq50r1 said:
Congrats man! I know you are excited about it! I can tell you roughly how I run mine. 1st channel preamp on about 7 or 8, both boosts on. Second channel preamp on about 5 or 6. Bass on about 4, mids on about 4 or 5, treble on about 7, depth/resonance off, presence about 7, feedback about -2 to 0. This is all WITHOUT any boost or pedals into the front.

Play with that feedback knob and the presence settings. Together they do a lot for the feel and tone of the amp. You can see from my settings I tend to keep the bass under control. I like tight, punchy bass without a lot of big boom, so you may prefer more bass or resonance than me. I play through 4X12s most of the time and find it has plenty of bass with my settings, especially at higher volumes, but YMMV.

One last tip: CRANK DAT SUMMA MA BITCH UP AND ENJOY!!!!! :D

Thanks Jayy! During the demo I gravitated towards feedback on -2 as well. Looking forward to trying your settings.

BLUESSYNDICATE":1rkhxnx8 said:
Bluplirst":1rkhxnx8 said:
This guy has bumped every thread mentioning the mzero lol!

Guilty as charged! :) I haven't been this pumped about an amp, ever, and I've had some great amps.

Right on! Never heard of them before your hype rampage!

I never heard of a Mezzabarba before... just youtubed it... wow, nice sounding amp man. I can see why you are excited, grats!

I use it with Marshall 4x12; V30 or GB for different flavors. I think the most of video on youtube are with GB, but Doug Rappoport used V30.

If have the Master Volume (is an option) i suggest to play with it... Anyway i like depth, feedback and presense around noon. Try different guitars, pickups and cables; the amp is very sensitive about.

Thanks all, for the comments thus far.

I just found this, this morning...it's in Italian, but when I access the page my browser asks if I want it translated...the translation does not come across perfect, but enough to get details on Joe Satriani and Steve Vai using the amp, and Iron Maiden. According to the article, Mezzabarba is just at the stage now where International sales have surpassed national sales in Italy...so it would seem they are gaining momentum. Pretty cool.

https://www.musicoff.com/interviste/mezzabarba-dai-guitar-hero-agli-iron-maiden

errrrrl":24942v45 said:
I never heard of a Mezzabarba before... just youtubed it... wow, nice sounding amp man. I can see why you are excited, grats!

Strange.. The only reason I know of them is because of ad's I've seen on this forum over the years. They seem like a cool company.

RedPlated":6wrpi3dy said:
Did you buy the used one at Guitar Center for $2399?

What there was a used one for $2399 , shit I would have probably nabbed it , I dont see it on the site

the4thlast1":3ef5ho0f said:
RedPlated":3ef5ho0f said:
Did you buy the used one at Guitar Center for $2399?

What there was a used one for $2399 , shit I would have probably nabbed it , I dont see it on the site

Yeah I can’t find it anymore either. It was at Guitar Center Hollywood. My buddy went and played it last week. It was mint too. He didn’t gel with it so he didn’t grab it.

BLUESSYNDICATE":1iapkoyz said:
I'm fired up, I have an Mezzabarba MZERO Overdrive incoming! I just pulled the trigger and I can't wait!

The recent demo I had absolutely blew my mind in terms of finding the perfect high gain amp that has a great clean...clean, edge tones and beyond. The amp sounded so damn huge and open on the clean channel, I have not seen anything like it. And of course the gain channel rocks...and is capable of far more gain than i'll need.

I see a few posts here and there where people talk about how awesome this amp is, and when we all see that so much in posts it just sounds like the usual enthusiasm and use of superlatives, but this is truly an amp that you just have to hear and feel in order to believe it how good it sounds/feels. I hear Satriani is using one on his forthcoming album and I saw a pic of Joe and Sammy Hagar next to one, so I guess a lot of people are starting to discover this amp.

I love all the video's that exist of people playing the amp, and of course the Doug Rappoport video is killer, but really it was this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-FOT1WH_BY that got my attention in terms of finding a high gain beast with a great clean channel. I approached the demo with anticipation, wondering if the video was just studio magic...and I was blown away that hearing it in person it sounded even better!

So, you MZERO users, if you have any tips for me in terms of settings, signal paths with effects, pedals you've tried with the amp, tube recommendations or NOS tube experiences...anything, give me something to feed by enthusiasm while I endure the tortuous wait for this thing to arrive. :)

Tips & Advice......TURN IT UP!!!!
Had mine for quite some time now
& Still think it’s INCREDIBLE.
This is the Video That did me in:

Well, it's in and it's spectacular. :rock:

I already knew what to expect, from the demo I gave it at Destroy All Guitars, and I've already talked the amp up a lot, so I won't go into all the details, but it sure is an awesome amp. Like some have emphasized you can hang out on the "clean" channel for days, moving from clean to edge tones to Classic rock tones. Great volume knob riding response. The loop works great, sounds transparent. Kicking into the Overdrive Channel gives the potential for gobs of gain if you want it. The amp strikes me as very open and big sounding. The Depth, Feedback and Presence knobs are all very useful....a lot of tone sculpting features at my fingertips. I can't wait to blow the band away at practice, and play our next live gig. I'm looking forward to getting to know this amp well. Exceeds my expectations. Thanks to Cliff Cultreri @ Destroy All Guitars, JP Cervoni at Overdrive Distribution and Pierangelo Mezzabarba who have all been very e-mail communicative and helpful during my research and buying process. Great service from all. Thanks to all on the board for your words of encouragement and the tips.

:D :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

I've had mine for about a year and some change. It's my main amp for playing live. Mine is one of the first that came out and is a little different i.e. Just 1 drive knob on the clean channel(with a drive toggle). No master volume on mine , and the volume knobs are VERY sensitive. Going from 0 to 1 puts you at stage volume,going from 1 to 2 jacks another 20 db in your face. I'm sure this is something that was changed with the later edition, it's the most intense taper of any amp I own! Not a problem, I just have to be careful not to bump it a hair or eyebrow hairs start to fall out!
Congrats on your purchase brother. These are very special indeed. I have played out maybe 4 times with it, 2 using the clean for clean/dirty for dirty; the other 2 running thru the clean channel with the drive knob all the way up and a Cusak V2 Screamer out front. This later setup, with the Cusak, I got so many compliments on my tone at that gig,,,like never before. Love the hi-gain channel, don't get me wrong, but there is just an amazing openness and punch when pushing the clean channel on this thing, it's absolutely amazing. Turn off the Cusak and roll down the volume on your ax and boom, you've got dynamics that few amps do well. As I think Glip can attest to here on R/T, the clean channel on this amp is full of everything you need to put a giant smile on your face. Plus, the amp looks like a friggen Ferrari Enzo IMHO. Best of luck with it. Mine has been and will always be a KEEPER!

Back