Has anyone owned a Fryette Deliverance and a Wizard MCII?

Crash-VR

I love the Wizard MCII 100. I also love the Deliverance setting on the GP/DI. I tend to stick to the gain channel on the MCII. I love how well it cleans up with the guitars volume knob. How does the Deliverance compare? I know I much prefer the build style of the MCII, but I'm really curious about the Deliverance. Especially for what they go for used.

I am not sure about comparing as I have no experience with the wizard, but I owned the deliverance 120 and rolling yhe volume back gives you a great and most importantly FULL sounding clean with a little bit of dirt, and I usually had both gains up pretty high

Ive owned a Deliverance and MC I......

I felt like the feel and gain structure was VERY similar. Big bold and weighty. Very open amps. The tones were of a slightly different voicing however. Probably mostly to do with the power sections. KT 88 vs. EL 34. Both great amps! Deliverance is one of the best, if not the best, values on the used market.

Crash-VR":10ffflwm said:
I love the Wizard MCII 100. I also love the Deliverance setting on the GP/DI. I tend to stick to the gain channel on the MCII. I love how well it cleans up with the guitars volume knob. How does the Deliverance compare? I know I much prefer the build style of the MCII, but I'm really curious about the Deliverance. Especially for what they go for used.

FWIW, in my opinion, the GP/DI Deliverance setting does not do a good job of really sounding like the D60 and D120 I used to have. A lot of what makes those amps so awesome, I believe, is the power amp.

That said, the Deliverance amps were incredible for a rolled back clean. Probably the best amp I've played, period, when it came to that dynamic clean when you roll back your volume, even if the amp is set up to be pretty high gain.

Tone Monster":2vcm7try said:

I felt like the feel and gain structure was VERY similar. Big bold and weighty. Very open amps. The tones were of a slightly different voicing however. Probably mostly to do with the power sections. KT 88 vs. EL 34. Both great amps! Deliverance is one of the best, if not the best, values on the used market.
Bolded for truth!

So I've never played a Wizard.

But I'm somewhat serious when I say that the Deliverance flys under the radar only because it's reasonably affordable and easy enough to purchase. If the Deliverance where extremely expensive and/or impossible to find, the amp would be legendary.

It's one of the best amps I've ever played. I prefer my 2204 just barely, but otherwise I'd use a Deliverance over everything else I have played (which admittedly doesn't include Wizard).

I love the Wizard, but I find myself wishing for the dual gains of the Deliverance. I love how you can dial in The voice with the first gain. The price difference makes me want the 120 even more.

JerEvil":cqlvl62e said:
Tone Monster":cqlvl62e said:

Bolded for truth!
Agreed!
:rock:

Crash-VR":149obq0k said:
I love the Wizard, but I find myself wishing for the dual gains of the Deliverance. I love how you can dial in The voice with the first gain. The price difference makes me want the 120 even more.

Try one out but realize that your having GAS. I own 2 MCI's and the are everything I've been looking for, also have a VHT CLX which smokes but never gets played in the year and a half since I got the first Wizard.

Can't speak to the deliverance, always wanted to try one but I've owned and played the UL, CLX, and Sig X, all Awesome amps but Like I said I prefer Wizard

Have never played a Wizard (Would love to someday), but man I really like the D60 I picked up a while back. An all around fantastic amp.

sjk":204kxpfn said:
Crash-VR":204kxpfn said:

Try one out but realize that your having GAS. I own 2 MCI's and the are everything I've been looking for, also have a VHT CLX which smokes but never gets played in the year and a half since I got the first Wizard.

Can't speak to the deliverance, always wanted to try one but I've owned and played the UL, CLX, and Sig X, all Awesome amps but Like I said I prefer Wizard

I would definitely be going for close enough. The build quality of a Wizard is just unreal.

Crash-VR":2a25ocup said:
sjk":2a25ocup said:
Crash-VR":2a25ocup said:

I would definitely be going for close enough. The build quality of a Wizard is just unreal.

If it's a money issue and you can recoup money going with the fryette by all means do it, but you know you will be back with a wizard sooner than later.

sjk":3fb9d1d3 said:
Crash-VR":3fb9d1d3 said:
sjk":3fb9d1d3 said:
Crash-VR":3fb9d1d3 said:

If it's a money issue and you can recoup money going with the fryette by all means do it, but you know you will be back with a wizard sooner than later.

Which is probably why I should just stay put and just be glad I have it.

Crash-VR":3siyrq8b said:
sjk":3siyrq8b said:
sjk":3siyrq8b said:

Keep the Wizard, just save up some cash and wait till a used Deliverance pops up. They go for 1K at most used. But you will feel it's a 2K amp when you play it. The Wizards, SLO, all have this amazing bloom to the sound when you push the power section and the Deliverances have that as well. Not quite at the level of the aforementioned amps but its there. Haven't played other VHT offerings but since the D is a one channel amp I'd bet it has that amazing tone because of the uncomplicated circuit..one channel no loop just great tone. D60=modded Marshall, D120=modern, more low end.

Racerxrated":cmw22a4d said:
Crash-VR":cmw22a4d said:
sjk":cmw22a4d said:
sjk":cmw22a4d said:

Keep the Wizard, just save up some cash and wait till a used Deliverance pops up. They go for 1K at most used. But you will feel it's a 2K amp when you play it. The Wizards, SLO, all have this amazing bloom to the sound when you push the power section and the Deliverances have that as well. Not quite at the level of the aforementioned amps but its there. Haven't played other VHT offerings but since the D is a one channel amp I'd bet it has that amazing tone because of the uncomplicated circuit..one channel no loop just great tone. D60=modded Marshall, D120=modern, more low end.

I don't think the loop had much to do with it. My D120 had an insert series loop that did nothing to degrade the tone. Excellent, excellent amp. If only I weren't trying to save up for an Axe FX or Helix, I'd probably be all over a UL or a Deliverance amp.

dirtyfunkg":3l11z355 said:
Racerxrated":3l11z355 said:
Crash-VR":3l11z355 said:
sjk":3l11z355 said:
sjk":3l11z355 said:

I don't think the loop had much to do with it. My D120 had an insert series loop that did nothing to degrade the tone. Excellent, excellent amp. If only I weren't trying to save up for an Axe FX or Helix, I'd probably be all over a UL or a Deliverance amp.

I own an MTL and an MCII and have owned both the D60 and D120 in the past and currently own a Ultra-Lead. The Deliverance will do what your looking for. I'm a huge Fryette fan an love the Deliverance, but if you already own the MCII, I wouldn't bother with the Deliverance unless you just want another amp. I'd spend a little more and get an Ultra-Lead.

Back