Fortin Amps ZUUL

spam_classic.png

:gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

The ISP does color the tone but it’s so barely noticeable. Like on a scale of 1-10 it’s 1.

I had the regular Decimator and now the G string 2. I can’t tell from the video if the Zuuhl colors, would need to play in person but the G string 2 color is literally so subtle it’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t even call it color, I’d call it hair.

The fact that the G2 can hit the loop and the front at the same time gives it the edge imo. Same price and is proven. Unless the Zuuhl can also do that I can’t see myself swapping from the ISP, even if it is truly 100% transparent.

napalmdeath":1020z55d said:
Wizard of Ozz":1020z55d said:

58a54941ed855a96f4cc27082dd6a8fb.jpg
2850894-4827934491-fanbo.jpg

He is not a fanboy, he is a shill, he works for them. After he got fired from kiesel somehow he tricked Mike into this. Typical, instead of saying how good your product is, just slam someone else's product. Would never buy something he was involved with, i am sure it is a good pedal. Slimy shills are slimy.

maddnotez":1aylh4zl said:
The ISP does color the tone but it’s so barely noticeable. Like on a scale of 1-10 it’s 1.

I had the regular Decimator and now the G string 2. I can’t tell from the video if the Zuuhl colors, would need to play in person but the G string 2 color is literally so subtle it’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t even call it color, I’d call it hair.

The fact that the G2 can hit the loop and the front at the same time gives it the edge imo. Same price and is proven. Unless the Zuuhl can also do that I can’t see myself swapping from the ISP, even if it is truly 100% transparent.

Id call the zuul a 1 also. Nothing is completely transparent. It has good dynamics also. The key input gives the zuul the same function as the g string. Think of zuul as better ns-2 in a g string version.

maddnotez":23mn5w3y said:

The G string 2 doesn't hit the loop and the front at the same time. It gates only in the loop. You are tracking the guitar signal first and then the gate act accordingly in the loop.

IF it REALLY doesn’t affect the clean channel with threshold set high enough to gate the OD channel THAT would be its leg up on the competition. I hated my Decimator ii G string because it just killed notes when I rolled the volume back or switched to clean.

I’d certainly consider buying one if it lives up to it claims of not affecting clean sounds.

Metal1977":2z0fkgms said:
maddnotez":2z0fkgms said:

The G string 2 doesn't hit the loop and the front at the same time. It gates only in the loop. You are tracking the guitar signal first and then the gate act accordingly in the loop.

Yes it does. I thought the same thing at first. Researched the shit out of it and their site.

It eliminates the feedback up front and gets rid of all amp his from being in the loop. Dead silence in all areas.

I don’t Hook it up the way the manual says though. I have a thread on here because I was having issues at first but someone showed me how to hook it up another way. Definitely hits the front and the loop. Any other noise gate I’ve had did one or the other. Feedback up front or amp hiss in the loop. The G string 2 does both.

XSSIVE wrote:

guitar > drive pedals > guitar in dec > guitar out dec > amp input

FX loop send > dec in > dec out > delay > reverb > FX loop return

You certainly want the dec before reverb and delay so it doesn't cut off the trails and it just cuts off the preamp hiss there.

The variable is where you put your drive pedals, before or after the guitar in of the dec.

RedPlated":2z0fkgms said:
IF it REALLY doesn’t affect the clean channel with threshold set high enough to gate the OD channel THAT would be its leg up on the competition. I hated my Decimator ii G string because it just killed notes when I rolled the volume back or switched to clean.

I’d certainly consider buying one if it lives up to it claims of not affecting clean sounds.

Good point as well. I don’t use cleans much but I’ve noticed how gates affect that and legato.

I do have the prorack g. It does have an ever so slight coloration on the tone. Nothing that cannot be adjusted with the eq on your amp. I never heard anyone bring this up before...I notice when I pull out my LP loaded with blackouts, I need to adjust the prorack to compensate for the hotter signal and the reverse for my LP that has lower output PUPS.

I wouldn't say my Decimator II "colors" my tone. But I definitely notice my tone lose a bit of top-end/bite when the Decimator is active. For this reason, I try to only activate when needed instead of keeping it constantly running.

But it's a fair trade off for keeping my guitar's awful squeal at bay.

Without being able to try a Zuul, I don't think I'd make the leap from ISP unless literally everyone said the Zuul is a step up/perfect.

maddnotez":1weaow4k said:
Metal1977":1weaow4k said:
maddnotez":1weaow4k said:

Yes it does. I thought the same thing at first. Researched the shit out of it and their site.

It eliminates the feedback up front and gets rid of all amp his from being in the loop. Dead silence in all areas.

I don’t Hook it up the way the manual says though. I have a thread on here because I was having issues at first but someone showed me how to hook it up another way. Definitely hits the front and the loop. Any other noise gate I’ve had did one or the other. Feedback up front or amp hiss in the loop. The G string 2 does both.

Hook up in X pattern, nothing new there. You are basically putting the whole preamp section of your amplifier in the loop of the Decimator G String. People found that with the Boss NS2 a long time ago.

G string is NOT two downward expansion circuits. You need two decimators for that.

It just has a “key” input same as the zuul to track the guitar input no matter where you use it in the chain.

From their site:
The Decimator™ II G String Noise Reduction pedal was designed for those who want the ultimate performance from a noise reduction pedal. The G String Pedal tracks the signal directly from the guitar, which allows you to switch from clean to high gain without ever changing the threshold setting.

The new design allows connection of the processing channel of the Decimator™ to be inserted into your effects loop or after your high gain pedals or preamp. A 1/8 phone cord is used to engage the linking function which allows you to link two Decimators™ for two channels of noise reduction. You can also use one Decimator G String II and one Decimator II pedal to create a stereo setup. This connection allows both pedals to directly track the instrument providing the tracking performance of our professional Decimator ProRack G.

You can argue about it all day lol. I’ve read their site 20 times. Call it X pattern, downward expansion tech talk, whatever you want.

It definitely hits the loop at the front at the same time. You can argue it anyway you want but you’re simply wrong.

It’s the reason I kept and use it. Unless the Zuuhl has the 2 ins and outs it won’t be able to to that unless there is another way to set it up.

(Edit) ISP should probably add in some verbiage to their site to advertise the “X pattern” because they’re selling themselves short of this feature. I almost didn’t go for it because it doesn’t appear that you’d be able to do it, but you can.

Back