Classic Annihilator Rig?

MetalThrasher

I've been on and old school thrash metal kick and I've been digging the classic Annihilator aka Alice in Hell tones! What amp was used for this? I'm going to assume a JCM 800 boosted. Am I correct?

Modified JCM800's. Somebody in Vancouver Canada did his mods. Could have still used a boost, not sure. He used a Plexi for the leads.

He's a big EVH fanboy, so he had the usual suspect phase, flange.

MetalThrasher":1x1i36nh said:
crwnedblasphemy":1x1i36nh said:
Hell...go get a Peavey Rockmaster preamp

I actually like this! Can I run this through a powered PA speaker?

Technically you can but it will probably sound like garbage. You really need an amp and guitar based speaker or at least some decent sims/IR's. A PA speaker is just meant to disperse a post cabinet guitar tone

MetalThrasher":vnhhd508 said:
crwnedblasphemy":vnhhd508 said:

Maybe a good modeler with a good Marshall model/models onboard??

He's EVH now. A 5150III 50 watt blue channel with a boost will have you there, no sweat.

He just did they new record and switched over
To Line6 Helix racks which he apparently loves

MetalThrasher":2czbs7dq said:
crwnedblasphemy":2czbs7dq said:

If you are planning on running thru a powered PA speaker go try one of those Mooer micro preamp pedals... I have the wannabe Diezel model and ran it thru a PA at practice last week for the hell of it... it actually sounded pretty good with the built in cab sim turned on. You would probably want the JCM 900 version.

errrrrl":1bxfzdr2 said:
MetalThrasher":1bxfzdr2 said:
crwnedblasphemy":1bxfzdr2 said:

If you are planning on running thru a powered PA speaker go try one of those Mooer micro preamp pedals... I have the wannabe Diezel model and ran it thru a PA at practice last week for the hell of it... it actually sounded pretty good with the built in cab sim turned on. You would probably want the JCM 900 version.

Yeah the AMT Legend series stuff is great too for this.

Loved the tone on the first three Annihilator albums. Waters is an absolute riff monster. Their live show was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's funny because he is Canadian and from my city but nobody knows who he is here. They play a small club now and again around here for warm ups before a tour.

Kapo_Polenton":3hbnlj0f said:
Loved the tone on the first three Annihilator albums. Waters is an absolute riff monster. Their live show was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's funny because he is Canadian and from my city but nobody knows who he is here. They play a small club now and again around here for warm ups before a tour.

You're in Ottawa? Me too(ish) :)

tfridgen":3kccr5av said:
Kapo_Polenton":3kccr5av said:

You're in Ottawa? Me too(ish) :)

Yes sir, close to down town near the old Lynx stadium. 613 representing!

Back