Quilter microblock, magnum 44, or isp stealth

BrentSSL

Trying to decide between these the Magnum 44 and a quilter or the isp power for a stereo pedal platform rig.

I've only tried the ISP and felt it had nowhere near enough power for a band setting. Others may chime in with other results though.

.44 magnum is borderline useable depending on your situation.

If you’re being miked then absolutely. If you have fairly low band volume and a well controlled drummer then yes, even without a mic.

If you are a loud band or have a loud drummer or a drummer without control then you will need more power.

I had one and it was great, served its purpose but there is no headroom and not much juice. I used it with the bias app and comically it sounded amazing. Kept up with a Rivera KTre and IMO sounded even better but it could just BARELY hang with a band rehearsal volume.

The tube amp could have easily blown me away but it was a loud metal band.

It could probably work for you especially live. If I had to do it over again though I’d spend the extra $ and get a quilter for the extra power. The biggest flaw to me about the power amp pedals is the bulky power cable. The transformers or caps or whatevet are in those things need somewhere to go but if you are tucking under a board then it wouldn’t be an issue I guess.

I'm not in a band just at home use most of the gear will be in Monday super curious how this turns out.

Back