12" vs 14" Radius on 25.5: Any Big Difference?

Junk Yard Dog

I'm looking at putting in a new neck on a guitar. I like the 14" 25.5 necks I've experienced. The one on reverb is 12". I play hard rock and do lead quite a bit, which is easy oh my LP and tele's with a 14" radius.

Just curious if folks can tell a huge difference between 12 and 14.

Thanks!

I can't, but I think this is a personal thing you have to decide for yourself based on experience. For the record, almost all my guitars are 12" radius...

Steve

Until I got my 12" Chubtone, I thought Charvel/Jackson compound radius was the shit, but now I'm sold on the straight 12"...boy that sounds gay.

Main difference would be felt in chords in my experience
I've got both and some flatter like Ibanez.

I can tell the difference. I prefer 14", but have gotten used to my ESP Horizon with a 12" over the years. I think I would still go for 14, if given the choice.

paulyc":3l93hjsh said:
Until I got my 12" Chubtone, I thought Charvel/Jackson compound radius was the shit, but now I'm sold on the straight 12"...boy that sounds gay.
:LOL: :LOL:

I don't like any less than a 12" radius or any bigger than 14" and have both. Transitioning between the two doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Like most said it's a personal preference.

Back