USA Jackson Fusion opinions....

Racerxrated

Hey guys need some opinions. I've heard the Jackson Fusion necks are REALLY thin, I'm a fan of the Charvel profile. How far off are the fusion necks from a Charvel USA pro mod?
I have a line on a 92 USA Fusion for a good price...opinions?
Thanks!

I have a couple from 91,92" and theyre super thin,,kinda like Ibanez wizard thin,but they feel different.I prefer the jackson neck,even if its super thin.Another thing factoring into it is theyre 24 3/4 scale.As far as the charvel neck comparison,I'd say the jackson is thinner but im not sure.That probably wasn't much help.lol

Little B":2no77alg said:
I have a couple from 91,92" and theyre super thin,,kinda like Ibanez wizard thin,but they feel different.I prefer the jackson neck,even if its super thin.Another thing factoring into it is theyre 24 3/4 scale.As far as the charvel neck comparison,I'd say the jackson is thinner but im not sure.That probably wasn't much help.lol
Hey thanks! Any opinion is better than nothing lol...Not sure anymore if I can do super thin...

I've never found a Fusion to be any thinner than a pointy Charvel/Jackson neck, which seem thinner than the strat head necks, but not in a bad way. I actually kind of prefer the feel of the pointy necks.

paulyc":2iw2ecwd said:
I've never found a Fusion to be any thinner than a pointy Charvel/Jackson neck, which seem thinner than the strat head necks, but not in a bad way. I actually kind of prefer the feel of the pointy necks.
So similar to the MIJ model series? I've had a model 4 and 6, many years ago.

paulyc":2yq0eswh said:
I've never found a Fusion to be any thinner than a pointy Charvel/Jackson neck, which seem thinner than the strat head necks
I think that's down to the pointy head necks having a flat D profile, whereas the stratheads are generally more of a flat C.

I remember back in the day when the fusions were hangin on the store walls.After pullin off a bunch of Ibanez,kramers,hamers, and even some soloists, I actually preferred the fusion neck over the others.

Racerxrated":2t4zit3y said:
paulyc":2t4zit3y said:
Not exactly, as the MIJ Model series don't feel as nice as an American pointy IMO, good but not great. I've had a few Ontario pointy Jacksons and they are really nice and what I'd equate the Fusion to.

paulyc":28gt8whu said:
Racerxrated":28gt8whu said:
paulyc":28gt8whu said:
Not exactly, as the MIJ Model series don't feel as nice as an American pointy IMO, good but not great. I've had a few Ontario pointy Jacksons and they are really nice and what I'd equate the Fusion to.
Oh for sure, I meant more the profile of the model series. Model series necks to my memory are definitely thinner feeling than the recent USA promods and SD reissues from 05-07.
Thanks everyone!

Back