Fryette/Baron/Rivera/Peavey Shootout

Which cab are these through?

I really liked the 6505MH in the mix, but didn't care for it solo'd. Baron and Sig:X are doing similar sounding things, both sound good --- do they sound that similar in the room? K-Tre is totally different compared to the other three. Sounds crazy but I might actually like the 6505MH the most.

I kind of liked what the K-Tre brought to the table. I like how it's low end sounded compared to the rest. Nice mixes btw.

errrrrl":1qvp2f9r said:
I kind of liked what the K-Tre brought to the table. I like how it's low end sounded compared to the rest. Nice mixes btw.

Yeah, all four are legit, great work

I liked the 6505MH and the K-TRE. The K-Tre had tighter low end and clarity yet growly as a MFK'R that was little hard to discern in the mix but it was blatantly obvious when solo extracted from the mix.

What OD were you using to boost in this clip?

Thanks guys!

I was using an old Peavey cab loaded with K85s. They were all boosted with a custom OD pedal. Basically like Misha's old deadhorse OD.

I hear so many V30 demos I thought it'd be a nice change to hear K100/85s. The first demo I ever heard with a Baron was through K100s and I still think it sounds best with that speaker. :)

Inearthed":ua5uk09f said:
Which cab are these through?

I really liked the 6505MH in the mix, but didn't care for it solo'd. Baron and Sig:X are doing similar sounding things, both sound good --- do they sound that similar in the room? K-Tre is totally different compared to the other three. Sounds crazy but I might actually like the 6505MH the most.
Yeah they can sound pretty similar, the main difference being that the Baron is quite a bit more saturated. I modded my Baron to have a mid sweep knob though so I'm sure I could get kinda close to any of these amps as far as mid range goes. The growl is a different story though, the Ktre definitely has a signature kind of growl and it sounds great in a mix. I was also pretty surprised by the 6505MH. :rock:

Baron was my favorite by a cunt hair. Rivera was awesome, the most unique of the bunch, and a pleasant surprise.

IMO, Fryette and Peavey lose to the Baron and Rivera, but also sounded killer. Great tracks, man.

I like them all but if I had to choose it would the the 6505 with the Baron a close second. I also didn't like the 6505 solo'd.

I really liked the comparison. For me it would be:
1.) Rivera K-Tre (really fit nicely in the mix)
2.) Fryette Sig X
3.) Peavey 6505
4.) Baron

I love the KTre but it definitely has some weird mids. from 1-4 the mid range changes a little but from 4-6 it starts to get that real boxy sounding mid-range. I woudn't put it over 6-7 unless you were trying to cut with some leads or something. I think I had the mids at around 3-4 on this recording. Definitely a very unique amp.

I'd be willing to rerecord these through V30s if anyone is interested. Your choice of Bogner Chinese V30s or the Mesa ones :)

kylendm":31n8lus5 said:
I love the KTre but it definitely has some weird mids. from 1-4 the mid range changes a little but from 4-6 it starts to get that real boxy sounding mid-range. I woudn't put it over 6-7 unless you were trying to cut with some leads or something. I think I had the mids at around 3-4 on this recording. Definitely a very unique amp.

I'd be willing to rerecord these through V30s if anyone is interested. Your choice of Bogner Chinese V30s or the Mesa ones :)

I'm interested.

:cheers:

kylendm":2fhc3xpe said:

I'm with you on the K-Tre... Unique is a good way to describe it ;) I have more issues with the treble knob, very different than any other amp I've ever played.

+1 Lets hear the V30s!

Ill post it all tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I'll try and dial the Baron to how the mids would be if it were stock.

Back