New MTS module day: CCV-ish?

godgrinder

Just picked up this Salvation Camerock module which was supposedly based on a CCV. Not sure if they actually opened one up or is it based on the schematics floating online. Sounds pretty good anyway.

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Orange PPC412
Speaker: Celestion G12M Heritage
Microphone: Shure SM7B

Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Feared - Synder.

Sounds great! I have been using the Randall RM100 for years now and have been waiting for these new mods to come out. Can't wait to try them.

Not only was this module built with an open CCV right there in the room, it was fine tuned to produce that same tone and option sets on the MTS/Synergy platform...

Anthony does all the mods with the amp in the room.

US customers can buy from Motor City Mods link in my sig....I'm happy to answer any questions about our catalogue of modules... :)

Great video and the Camerock rips! Congrats on a great new tonal palette!

Technical question.... these premonition modules may be somewhat accurate for a preamp, but how do they address what's going on in the power section? Bogner, Friedman, Cameron an many others have modified presence and NFB circuits that are critical to the signature tone?

scottosan":2x0a29bg said:
but how do they address what's going on in the power section? Bogner, Friedman, Cameron an many others have modified presence and NFB circuits that are critical to the signature tone?

Don't think there's a way to do that? But the same applies when you buy a Bogner Fish etc. I've been into the separate pre/power amp thing for too long to stress over that, since I'm not paying for the full package.

psychodave":2x0a29bg said:
Sounds really great, but I don’t hear any CCV in it.

I dialed it in a rather specific way using the interaction between the gain controls and bright toggles to make it sound as "modern" as possible, so it might be different to the usual hair metal tones people dial in with this module.

Never played a CCV so can't comment on whether it's close or not.

Mattfig":2x0a29bg said:
Anthony does all the mods with the amp in the room.

That's really cool to hear!

scottosan":1jhtrjif said:
Technical question.... these premonition modules may be somewhat accurate for a preamp, but how do they address what's going on in the power section? Bogner, Friedman, Cameron an many others have modified presence and NFB circuits that are critical to the signature tone?

These are accurate preamp representations, and then you have to choose your power amp based on your preferences...Salvation Mods have a lot of toggles and switches so that you can customize the tones you're sending to the power amp to make it feel more realistic....The Synergy 50 watt head looks awesome but a little pricey for me....The Randall MTS gear can be found at lower prices and sounds great, plus there's lots of mods you can do to the amps to add negative feedback control and such as well...

Mattfig":1yi2lg9y said:
scottosan":1yi2lg9y said:

These are accurate preamp representations, and then you have to choose your power amp based on your preferences...Salvation Mods have a lot of toggles and switches so that you can customize the tones you're sending to the power amp to make it feel more realistic....The Synergy 50 watt head looks awesome but a little pricey for me....The Randall MTS gear can be found at lower prices and sounds great, plus there's lots of mods you can do to the amps to add negative feedback control and such as well...

Yeah, I would love a Syn50.....but my the time you've got a Modular BE/HBE/SYN50....might as well have bought a Friedman BE100 or upcoming BE50 ;-)

psychodave":30j1jd0t said:

One thing I like about the CCV module it can be dialed really aggressively, as you can hear but I think it's also capable of getting pretty close to the typical 80s tones from a Cameron...

I want to say that the low end seems a bit different and the notes don't quite bloom(sag?) as well as the real amp....but that latter opinion is based purely on clips...never had the guts to buy a Cameron

jkdsteve":3pu3bf0g said:
psychodave":3pu3bf0g said:

One thing I like about the CCV module it can be dialed really aggressively, as you can hear but I think it's also capable of getting pretty close to the typical 80s tones from a Cameron...

I want to say that the low end seems a bit different and the notes don't quite bloom(sag?) as well as the real amp....but that latter opinion is based purely on clips...never had the guts to buy a Cameron

Either way, the original clip in this thread sounds great. I really like the tone and gain structure.

Mattfig":27lvvy02 said:
The Synergy 50 watt head looks awesome but a little pricey for me....The Randall MTS gear can be found at lower prices and sounds great, plus there's lots of mods you can do to the amps to add negative feedback control and such as well...

Without the Synergy stuff I probably wouldn't be in the market for modules though. I just don't have a lot of trust in Randall amps from that particular period (including the V2/T2) after hearing too many horror stories. And Egnater ones were not very easy to find.

I've got a Camerock and love it. I'd love a real CCV, but there's that price. I'd love if Salvation came out with a CCM based module someday.

Back