Mooer GE-200

moltenmetalburn":3nznea3o said:
LunatiBSW":3nznea3o said:
Damn, looper and a drum machine. It’s like the ultimate practice station. Load ir’s from 3rd party.
I think I’m gonna have to try one....seems too legit :rock:

Thanks bro

You're welcome! Same for me practice, demo, jam tool, thing is I LOVE the mini preamps I have, if this thing is just as good I may want one to take it out live with my 2150. I Havent touched dmoll or einstein since I got the hagen and evh mooer mini preamps lol.

Just remember it has NO power amp modeling.

To me the abundance of power amp modeling is a big let down.
I think that the power amp plays a crucial role in how the amp sounds and feels so if you take that away from the equation, you end up with another line 6 pod thingy which plays like rubber and feels just off.

K-Roll":lvcr7lhd said:
moltenmetalburn":lvcr7lhd said:
LunatiBSW":lvcr7lhd said:
Damn, looper and a drum machine. It’s like the ultimate practice station. Load ir’s from 3rd party.

Thanks bro

You're welcome! Same for me practice, demo, jam tool, thing is I LOVE the mini preamps I have, if this thing is just as good I may want one to take it out live with my 2150. I Havent touched dmoll or einstein since I got the hagen and evh mooer mini preamps lol.

To me the abundance of power amp modeling is a big let down.
I think that the power amp plays a crucial role in how the amp sounds and feels so if you take that away from the equation, you end up with another line 6 pod thingy which plays like rubber and feels just off.

It was meant to be used with tube power amps which is how I use my micro preamps, sounds great. the feel of the micro preamps was one of the best parts of the pedal, I am not concerned with feel in any way.

I have owned all of the amps that I bought micro preamps of and they were all accurate and clearly sound different.

I completely understand why you feel that way however, some people could benefit from them, like you.

I think their idea is to use a tube poweramp, an IR loader in your DAW for an IR that includes PA, or the radar pedal they just released.

Also dont forget about updates they have generic PA modeling in the new Radar pedal, they may add it secondary to complaints if possible.

bad first reviews for whatever that is worth. I did read the micro preamps sound better and that Mooer admits that which makes sense but is also very disappointing. I ordered it based on the micro preamps.

I also wonder about how guys are using it.

It has NO power amp modeling yet keep being compared to AMP modelers. it is a PREAMP modeler with FX. They are probably recording direct with no power amp "workaround" and with mooer IR.

EVERYONE says the jacks are too loose.

Mooer is LISTENING. They plan updates with new features and already have a wish list going on FB. They respond quickly in excellent english to any questions. There is room for improvement it seems.

I will try it for recording demos and bedroom/silent practice use and continue to collect the micro preamps that I like.

shred-o-holic":c2zj3x7w said:
I want the Radar badly. Looking for a cheap decent IR solution since I traded away my Kemper.
I just got my Radar today, pretty cool so far. Only messed with the built in stuff before work but didn't expect it to be so customizable, about as tweakable as the 2 notes WoS plugin with a really easy to figure out one knob/button interface. I need to really dig in to it more and the headphone use was great... pushed my hd600 cans with ease. :thumbsup:
moltenmetalburn":c2zj3x7w said:
bad first reviews for whatever that is worth. I did read the micro preamps sound better and that Mooer admits that which makes sense but is also very disappointing. I ordered it based on the micro preamps.

It has NO power amp modeling yet keep being compared to AMP modelers. it is a PREAMP modeler with FX. They are probably recording direct with no power amp "workaround" and with mooer IR.

Mooer is LISTENING. They plan updates with new features and already have a wish list going on FB. They respond quickly in excellent english to any questions. There is room for improvement it seems.

I will try it for recording demos and bedroom/silent practice use and continue to collect the micro preamps that I like.
Thats a bummer if it doesnt sound as good as their micro preamp pedals.

errrrrl":4fsmg2v8 said:
shred-o-holic":4fsmg2v8 said:
I want the Radar badly. Looking for a cheap decent IR solution since I traded away my Kemper.
I just got my Radar today, pretty cool so far. Only messed with the built in stuff before work but didn't expect it to be so customizable, about as tweakable as the 2 notes WoS plugin with a really easy to figure out one knob/button interface. I need to really dig in to it more and the headphone use was great... pushed my hd600 cans with ease. :thumbsup:
moltenmetalburn":4fsmg2v8 said:

Just got my radar in last night. Spent about an hour with it but love it!

shred-o-holic":29d6p0lq said:
errrrrl":29d6p0lq said:
shred-o-holic":29d6p0lq said:
moltenmetalburn":29d6p0lq said:

Just got my radar in last night. Spent about an hour with it but love it!

cool. the radar I had no worries about and decided to wait as the GE-200 also has that functionality.

24862248_1758571640884806_2581937253381969799_n.jpg

moltenmetalburn":2hwuvy4j said:
mine should be here any day, its in the mail. we will see how it fares. i saw that the power amps are coming,

nice , yes power amps are coming and also the Mac editor

LunatiBSW":xe3cq111 said:
moltenmetalburn":xe3cq111 said:
LunatiBSW":xe3cq111 said:

Thanks bro

So should I use it with like a quilter micro block or something?
What are some good options?
If you haven't decided yet how to use one of the pedals the Quilter Microblock works great..I have one running a Metal Muff and it sounds huge,just gotta tweak the 3 knob eq settings,but I keep the gain low on the Quilter,+ I also run a reverb pedal at the same time and works fine.

Liking it so far, to my ears it can be dialed to match the micro preamps through my tube power amp. If it is actually less quality I cant hear it. Hard to match exactly with different parameters available.
Until mooer come out and identifirs the actual differences I think they just don’t want it to cut into micro preamp sales. There are ten empty amp model slots still available in the ge-200 also. Figure we will get some of the new ones coming.

Onboard IR are useless. I loaded celestion IR into it and they sound great.

Compared my 808 to the onboard to see if I wanted to use a real pedal and felt like the difference was negligible enough to not care. I NEVER got along with the fractal dirt boxes...

moltenmetalburn":1jquz99x said:
Liking it so far, to my ears it can be dialed to match the micro preamps through my tube power amp. If it is actually less quality I cant hear it. Hard to match exactly with different parameters available.
Until mooer come out and identifirs the actual differences I think they just don’t want it to cut into micro preamp sales. There are ten empty amp model slots still available in the ge-200 also. Figure we will get some of the new ones coming.

Compared my 808 to the onboard to see if I wanted to use a real pedal and felt like the difference was negligible enough to not care. I NEVER got along with the fractal dirt boxes...

Yes its becuase of that , remember there is also the Mooer Radar, imagine Mooer if they can make that technology now, what if in the future. the good thing is Mooer listens to us and btw there is a engineer on the group who programs all of this,you mean the with or without IR its sound great? if then its terrific!

GE200":ozhnswkv said:
moltenmetalburn":ozhnswkv said:

Yes its becuase of that , remember there is also the Mooer Radar, imagine Mooer if they can make that technology now, what if in the future. the good thing is Mooer listens to us and btw there is a engineer on the group who programs all of this,you mean the with or without IR its sound great? if then its terrific!

“They” You do not work for mooer?!

Why is your name ge-200 if you do not work for mooer?

Are you simply here to create buzz for the product under false pretenses?

Are you the same guy who was asked to stop posting so often in the TGP thread? :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I thought he was a paid hype man as well. If you do work for Mooer, I suspect posting as a company rep/customer service guy would be more welcomed than acting like an overly excited fan of the GE-200.

moltenmetalburn":29mqfvi5 said:
GE200":29mqfvi5 said:
moltenmetalburn":29mqfvi5 said:

Are you the same guy who was asked to stop posting so often in the TGP thread? :thumbsdown:

first of all im not the same guy , second im not paid and third im one of the admins of the group

GE200":9s25o4dn said:
moltenmetalburn":9s25o4dn said:
GE200":9s25o4dn said:
moltenmetalburn":9s25o4dn said:

first of all im not the same guy , second im not paid and third im one of the admins of the group

Cool thanks for clarifying.

Back