VFE Focus + DSL clip

godgrinder

A friend lent me his DSL100 for a few days, guess it's a good amp to showcase what the VFE boost can do because you all know what a DSL sounds like...

Cab: Orange PPC412
Speaker: Celestion G12M Heritage
Microphone: Shure SM7B

Song: Feared - Caligula
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Synder.

moltenmetalburn":29py7zui said:
loved my focus, love my standout even more, it really is an improvement.

My mate got a Standout during the labor day sale. Gave it a try, the extra range could be handy in some cases. Will probably pick one up next time they run a sale.

godgrinder":3gr6lmb0 said:
moltenmetalburn":3gr6lmb0 said:
loved my focus, love my standout even more, it really is an improvement.

My mate got a Standout during the labor day sale. Gave it a try, the extra range could be handy in some cases. Will probably pick one up next time they run a sale.

i put them in an AB setup and found the clarity to be much better also, thats what really sold me. agreed the extra range is useful in some cases.

That clip was ripping!! Killer metal tone. Also; second meanclip of a dsl I've heard lately.

I tried similar settings (bass cutting a slight bit more, and less boost) and its probably my favourite sound i've gotten out of an overdrive before. Fat yet tight.

Want to try. Almost bought one of the blowout priced pedals last month but held off. I’ve only had one VFE, The Scream. And while it was certainly amazing and very well built. It wasn’t my thing for the setup I had at the time. Wish I could have kept it.

I literally just bought a Standout pedal today. I was searching for a HPF in a pedal and VFE came up, so a little research and I pulled the trigger. Then see this, pretty awesome. Can't wait to get it.

I hope the Standout isn't a sorta limited run before I can get one,never got a Focus,always too late,and the few used I've seen are way too expensive for me.

I just recently got the Standout and it may be the best pedal I have used for tightening up a high gain amp. The Maxon OD808 has always been my #1 after trying many OD's and this is the only pedal that may dethrone it.

I actually had a Focus and for some reason did not gel with it. However, the Standout was instant gratification.

I just used the VFE Dragon Dynamic through my BE50. Pretty cool pedal. Definitely TS'ish. The HPF and LPF help quite a bit and can make a sound really tight. It has plenty of gain in the Drive knob. ...I need to spend some more time with it, but it is what I was looking for to add some gain boost and tighten the sound.

Junk Yard Dog":2jh4fkdd said:
I just used the VFE Dragon Dynamic through my BE50. Pretty cool pedal. Definitely TS'ish. The HPF and LPF help quite a bit and can make a sound really tight. It has plenty of gain in the Drive knob. ...I need to spend some more time with it, but it is what I was looking for to add some gain boost and tighten the sound.

Awesome!

What surpised me also about the dragon is how good it sounds as a OD over the clean channel set for full frequency as well.

You can also do the “no clipping” standout thing with it buy turning the gain to minimum it can be set for a “clean” eq style boost.

My Standout and Dragon landed yesterday. Ran the standout in front of a DMoll...... JESHSH Tight ass low end without all the intrusiveness a tube screamer type overdrive brings. This pedal is definitely worth its price tag, If thats the type of behavior you want in a pedal.

There was no exaggeration in the statements about this pedal getting tighter than a Fortin grind if dialed in that manner.

Back