Who’s doing Podcasts?

maddnotez

Banned
Not everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoy a fun podcast from time to time. I’m subscribed to EVH Gear TV and he’s had Friedman on a couple of times among others.

I’ve seen Pete thorns channel too. Pretty awesome stuff but I’m not in the loop on this stuff. Who else is doing shows like this related to gear?

On YouTube there’s a show that is cohosted by David Friedman called tone talk that has been cool to listen to. The one with John Suhr and Pete Thorn was great. Warning they are the recorded live versions and are super long. Before you know it you’ve somehow sat through a 3hr show.

cyndicate":3gn8o3r9 said:
On YouTube there’s a show that is cohosted by David Friedman called tone talk that has been cool to listen to. The one with John Suhr and Pete Thorn was great. Warning they are the recorded live versions and are super long. Before you know it you’ve somehow sat through a 3hr show.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. Heed the warning. You get sucked in and end up not getting much sleep

I listen to a few:

Jude Gold from Guitar Player Mag has an incredible podcast: No Guitar Is Safe. He is also an MI instructor, so each podcast is an interview with players that are usually teachers there, but could just be great players. They jam and talk about gear, give lessons, talk about life, etc...He has a huge back catalog of players of every stripe, from Vai, Gilbert, Stevens, to jazz and blues guys.

For older metal fans like me, I really love Rock and Metal Combat Podcast. It's like if Beavis and Butthead grew up and started reviewing metal records. It's one part MST3K, one part serious review, and lots of joking and stories. If you love metal and love nostalgia, mixed with crass ripping on each other, this is the podcast for you.

Back