you want moderation?

spliffsperlunk":3t1pjk38 said:
Can Moderators IP ban members ? I hate to see people get banned but If they are driving the Mods crazy with pms maybe they should be perma banned through their
Ip so they cant simply sign back up under a new username.

yes sir....which is what we do, but it's easy to get around...happens all the time.

scottosan":2utmmkuj said:
Mr. Willy":2utmmkuj said:
It’s ok to log off rig talk, turn the computer off, and go do something else.
And it should also be okay to participate in public discussion about without have the same person crapping in every corner and isle way they can see. Sorry, but turning a blind eye enables the behavior.

Silence = Violence

:LOL: :LOL:

scottosan":jbl7lmz8 said:
JackBootedThug":jbl7lmz8 said:
i've banned a few troublemakers and deleted some threads as well as another mod. learn to use your ignore button if you have issues with another member. if it's serious to you-shoot us a message. I have a life and am only on here once or twice a day for a minute or two. as always, if you don't like this board, please feel free to move on. just do everybody a favor and don't post some dramatic "I'm taking my ball and going home thread...." it will be deleted and your profile will to.
While I appreciate you chiming in get some feedback, the reality is that there is no solution for the decline social skill since the wide spread adoption of social media taking over as the primary source of social interaction vs face to face communication. Yes I did post an "I'm taking my ball and going home thread...." and thank you for not deleting my profile. Not saying I'm I'm coming back, but the reality is that I have been he since the beginning in 2006 during the mass exodus from HC and I know alot of people here that I have been interacting with on a regular basis. And since I don't frequent other forums to any significant degree, I didn't feel appropriate to just vanish without notification.

Since you've been here from the beginning and likely cam from HC as well, this place has never been "uptight" like TGP not do I think people want it to. Disagreements are going to happen and are sometimes healthy to flush out someones true character. That being said, I think you can even have a heated debate without it getting personal. And to keep calling out an individuals actions, isn't the same as getting personal since it's about the actions or behavior not the individual. That being said, when in the slightest bit of opposing ideology immediately yield personal attacks, cussing, name calling, etc, repeated by the same person it really does get old, like a bad relationship or a bad family member that's difficult to get away from.

Now, specific to my case, yes I can certainly use the "ignore' button, although I have never seen an ignore button. I assume it's the ad to foe? Yeah. I wish they made these in real life :D I don't think anyone is blaming the mods as much as simply asking for intervention, which I dont think is all that common. The only person I had ever had an issue with on any forum is not a singular issue between 2 people. And quite honestly to search his previous post and try and digest how it got to the point it did would consume more time that you'd want to invest. The few times I have interacted with a moderator regarding the individual would appear sometime that people follow him around to stir the pot. And to a point yes, but that individual has had an absurd amount of pissing contests in which immediately go nuclear and the same tired name calling insulting word salad arguments when they continually get called out on their victimization rants and embellishing stories. So, what happens is that you get alot of people that just ignore it and some that don't. But I guarantee that even the people that don't participate in it are tired of it. So, yes I am sorry I don't ignore bullying and belittling of anyone in any social context.

Anyway I stepped back in to check on some pending PM's and conversation and figures since you are soliciting input I would give my two cents, because honestly I do like this place, but recently it's gotten unbearable.

Thanks,
Scott

I think your one of the good guys and hate to see you go brother....I should not have made the ball comment but I was aggravated, so please accept my apology for that. my view is you guys run it and not me. members have the ability to filter the shit on here. also i'm pretty hardcore when it comes to free speech so that's why 99% of the time I just let it go. as far as social media, you can't control this stuff. user demographics change over time, new members come, old members go. that's why this sight has changed. better or worse, it is what it is.

Pshhh, I am a grizzled vet of the old HC forums. People just get their butt blasted too easily these days. Everyone just lighten up, crank up your amps and play your guitar.

JackBootedThug":1b885odf said:
scottosan":1b885odf said:
JackBootedThug":1b885odf said:
i've banned a few troublemakers and deleted some threads as well as another mod. learn to use your ignore button if you have issues with another member. if it's serious to you-shoot us a message. I have a life and am only on here once or twice a day for a minute or two. as always, if you don't like this board, please feel free to move on. just do everybody a favor and don't post some dramatic "I'm taking my ball and going home thread...." it will be deleted and your profile will to.
While I appreciate you chiming in get some feedback, the reality is that there is no solution for the decline social skill since the wide spread adoption of social media taking over as the primary source of social interaction vs face to face communication. Yes I did post an "I'm taking my ball and going home thread...." and thank you for not deleting my profile. Not saying I'm I'm coming back, but the reality is that I have been he since the beginning in 2006 during the mass exodus from HC and I know alot of people here that I have been interacting with on a regular basis. And since I don't frequent other forums to any significant degree, I didn't feel appropriate to just vanish without notification.

Since you've been here from the beginning and likely cam from HC as well, this place has never been "uptight" like TGP not do I think people want it to. Disagreements are going to happen and are sometimes healthy to flush out someones true character. That being said, I think you can even have a heated debate without it getting personal. And to keep calling out an individuals actions, isn't the same as getting personal since it's about the actions or behavior not the individual. That being said, when in the slightest bit of opposing ideology immediately yield personal attacks, cussing, name calling, etc, repeated by the same person it really does get old, like a bad relationship or a bad family member that's difficult to get away from.

Now, specific to my case, yes I can certainly use the "ignore' button, although I have never seen an ignore button. I assume it's the ad to foe? Yeah. I wish they made these in real life :D I don't think anyone is blaming the mods as much as simply asking for intervention, which I dont think is all that common. The only person I had ever had an issue with on any forum is not a singular issue between 2 people. And quite honestly to search his previous post and try and digest how it got to the point it did would consume more time that you'd want to invest. The few times I have interacted with a moderator regarding the individual would appear sometime that people follow him around to stir the pot. And to a point yes, but that individual has had an absurd amount of pissing contests in which immediately go nuclear and the same tired name calling insulting word salad arguments when they continually get called out on their victimization rants and embellishing stories. So, what happens is that you get alot of people that just ignore it and some that don't. But I guarantee that even the people that don't participate in it are tired of it. So, yes I am sorry I don't ignore bullying and belittling of anyone in any social context.

Anyway I stepped back in to check on some pending PM's and conversation and figures since you are soliciting input I would give my two cents, because honestly I do like this place, but recently it's gotten unbearable.

Thanks,
Scott

I think your one of the good guys and hate to see you go brother....I should not have made the ball comment but I was aggravated, so please accept my apology for that. my view is you guys run it and not me. members have the ability to filter the shit on here. also i'm pretty hardcore when it comes to free speech so that's why 99% of the time I just let it go. as far as social media, you can't control this stuff. user demographics change over time, new members come, old members go. that's why this sight has changed. better or worse, it is what it is.
Thank you sir! I’m far from perfect and perhaps I need to take a step back and reconsider my approach if I stick around. I don’t want to leave be it like for many it came to a boiling point and was no longer fun.

Again, thanks for the open dialogue.

Over my years here, I’ve met a ton of folks in real life; had them over to my home, jammed, drank and generally had a great time.

I operate by one simple rule here, and don’t say anything online I wouldn’t say directly to someone’s face. It’s really very simple.

The mod’s shouldn’t have to police grown ass men, it’s enough to have to deal with all the ridiculous ads’s for shoes I see on the regular.

One of the best things about r-t was that the big boy rules were in effect; I’d personally hate to see that change.

...and Scott, we’ve already lost enough good folks, so hang out.

It's a fucking internet guitar forum. I've actually met/texted with a bunch of people here over the years and every one of them has been unfailingly cool.

If you're honestly getting upset over something someone posts wash the fucking sand out of your vagina and turn off the computer.

Some people take this shit way too seriously.

Whowantsamustache":29tkctid said:
Please ban the people PMing the Mods. Or at least tell us who they are.

I PM'd the mods a couple weeks ago, what are you going to do, start a thread about it? Call me names? Harrass me? Beat me up?

The fact is, moderators wanting to leave aren't the fault of people sending PMs, it's their lack or inability to deal with the bullshit that went on, and leaving it unaddressed until it's out of control.

napalmdeath":1sbfcamw said:
Whowantsamustache":1sbfcamw said:

I PM'd the mods a couple weeks ago, what are you going to do, start a thread about it? Call me names? Harrass me? Beat me up?

The fact is, moderators wanting to leave aren't the fault of people sending PMs, it's their lack or inability to deal with the bullshit that went on, and leaving it unaddressed until it's out of control.

The only sensible thing would be to ban yourself then.

J/k kind sir...

Whowantsamustache":1hx5122r said:
napalmdeath":1hx5122r said:
Whowantsamustache":1hx5122r said:

The only sensible thing would be to ban yourself then.

J/k kind sir...

I hear ya. :thumbsup:

I only pm for sexual favors.

One thing to take away from the thread is that Jack is correct in demographics will change, People will come and go. It is what it is.

I'm a lurker most of the time, but I've been here since the HC days. I like the discourse and at times I like the shit talking as well. It's not stuffy and feels more like a bunch of friends messing with each other. We do need mods to scrub the cheap Nike ads and such, but as far as people arguing, so long as it's not taken into the pms and threatening, should be good to go.

I was young and stupid once and took things personally. Although I never ranted on about it, but I would I argue. But that was 15+ years ago, mostly on college sports sites, grew out of that shit.

I always read the rants on here thinking there's no way someone is actually that pissed. They must be cracking up laughing writing some of it, but maybe they were that pissed. Anyway, I got a chuckle of it.

Back