New A Perfect Circle

Same here!

What do you think of the first single, "The Doomed"?

I personally like it after several listens but hope they do some heavier stuff on the new album.

I was a huge fan of Mer De Noms when it came out. Personally, I feel like this new song goes nowhere. It sounds like a bunch of stuff just pasted together. I will wait to see how the rest of the album is.

sutepaj":3bwrqoml said:
I was a huge fan of Mer De Noms when it came out. Personally, I feel like this new song goes nowhere. It sounds like a bunch of stuff just pasted together. I will wait to see how the rest of the album is.

Yeah, It seems a little underwhelming to me, although I do like it. Would be great if it were one of the the weaker songs on the album. I've always like APC, so I am looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

It's good background music. Nothing more. Moody. Something you'd find on an Underworld movie soundtrack.

I love it! Really dig all the sounds and instruments on it. Some cool symphonic bits here and there and you can't go wrong with Howerdel's tones.

First two APC albums were killer but they lost me on eMOTIVe, that album bored the shit out of me. Went to see them a few years back, it was after eMOTIVe and after the touring cycle for it, so I figured it'd be a normal APC show and it turned out to be the most boring, slow tempo show I've ever seen.

Big Tool fan and caught them this past Spring up in Boston. Band was great but because it was in Harvard, the volume sucked. We were having living room level conversations during the show, not the right way to experience Tool.

Big Puscifer fan, as well. Lot of cool guitar tones on those albums and I dig the electronic stuff. Killer live show, as well.

Really, Maynard can do whatever he wants right now. As he's explained it, the band isn't done writing the music yet, so he's got nothing but time until they hand him the finished music to do something with. I'm just hoping when they tour the album, Maynard puts some balls into it and doesn't really on singing with distortion on his voice the entire fucking set like he's been doing with Tool for a while now.

They blew their one and only load on Mer De Noms. Shooting blanks on everything since...

Saw them last night. New album in 2018 straight from the horse's mouth. Show was fantastic. Great experience.

I can't pass judgment with only one song but I will say it sounds promising - a lot more palatable to my ears than a lot of other stuff that's been trickling down the pipe for the last while. Knowing Howerdel and Iha are in there, it won't stray far from its APC core tone and sound, I don't think anyway.

I'll buy it - blindly.

Edit: Wish Josh was still on the kit, but alas, we'll see....

Ventura":fhfc9uur said:
I can't pass judgment with only one song but I will say it sounds promising - a lot more palatable to my ears than a lot of other stuff that's been trickling down the pipe for the last while. Knowing Howerdel and Iha are in there, it won't stray far from its APC core tone and sound, I don't think anyway.

I'll buy it - blindly.

Edit: Wish Josh was still on the kit, but alas, we'll see....

You and me both

I think Josh is just out with another band right now. That dude is such a killer drummer and seeing him with Puscifer last year was cool as fuck. He had this tiny little kit and was playing a lot of stuff I assumed would have been sampled. Dude's a fucking rock.

Freese left them a few years. The guy now is Jeff freidl, has solid too, sounded great. The bass player toured with eagles of death metal. Both the bass player and drummer are in the opening band for this tour, the beta machine, not my thing. A perfect circle crushed it Sunday though. Maynard was right, guided experience, no phone and camera policy was great...

Blackbird":36ppq6oj said:
D-Rock":36ppq6oj said:
They blew their one and only load on Mer De Noms. Shooting blanks on everything since...
Disagree....Thirteenth Step was a good album as well.
Disagree, that was a weak cremepuff sophomore release. Snorfest!! The used CD shops won't even take my copy of it when I bring in trades.

D-Rock":3rjlvicg said:
Blackbird":3rjlvicg said:
D-Rock":3rjlvicg said:
Disagree....Thirteenth Step was a good album as well.
Disagree, that was a weak cremepuff sophomore release. Snorfest!! The used CD shops won't even take my copy of it when I bring in trades.
"Thirteenth" is hands down fucking brilliant IMHO :confused:

To each his own. If I had to pick between Mer and 13th, tough call, I'd likely go 13th - I can relate to that album from the very start to the very end - every second of it...profound. But that's just me.

There are people who think Justin Bieber's the shit, so.... :dunno:

I agree. I think "Thirteenth Step" was a killer album. I love "Mer De Noms" too but "Thirteenth" was right there with it IMO. Love both.

I hope this new album is in their league and after a few listens to the new song, I really like it. I hope there is some heavier stuff on there like "Mer" and "Thirteenth". I hope it's not all mellower.

Back