RJM mini amp gizmo

bhuard75

Anybody using one of these to control there "non-midi" amps that use a ?Pin DIN cable with their midi rig? I got a 5153 100w Stealth and thinking this might be the easiest solution to control the amp from a line6 Helix/FX8 foot controller. Thoughts, ideas? Thanks in advance.

Voodoo lab control switcher does the same thing and is cheap, relatively. The rjm stuff has a great reputation though so I'm sure you would be happy with eithe r.

I controlled my EVH 100w for years with it. Works great. Now I use it to controll my Shiva. I mount it to the back of my amps with dual lock so I forget it’s even there.

Mattfig":26giuaox said:
I picked up a Voodoo Lab control switcher to control my BE-100....Works like a charm!

This is what I did for my EVH 5150 III EL-34 head. Works like a charm with my Helix doing the switching on the amp. I soldered the 7 pin onto an existing 5 pin midi cable that I had via some instructions I found on the vooodoo labs forum. You can also just buy a cable from them direct if you want.

I used one to control my EVH 5153 for several years. Works great. At the moment, I'm using it to control my Spawn Quick Rod. It's fast and simple to use. I love being able to change presets on my G Major 2 and channels and boosts on the QR.

Where did you get the cable that goes from from the RJM to the fx loop and boost input jacks on the back of the amp?

nevusofota":33gjx9dv said:
I controlled my EVH 100w for years with it. Works great. Now I use it to controll my Shiva. I mount it to the back of my amps with dual lock so I forget it’s even there.

Econ":39jkuu3b said:
Where did you get the cable that goes from from the RJM to the fx loop and boost input jacks on the back of the amp?

nevusofota":39jkuu3b said:

It’s an RJM cable that was actually made for a different amp than the Shiva. I took a chance on it and it worked like a charm. I can get the details of the cable if you need it.

After talking with Best-Tronics, they can build any cable i need to control my EVH 5153 stealth thats utilizes TS/TRS/MIDI => "7pin 5153". I just need to decide what FX floor unit im going to buy (prob a helix). They can only control the channel switching though.

Back