Killer Kali++ manual ??

idnotbe

i got this a few days ago and finally have just tested.

but it is a complicated amp and i need the manual.
can you share the knowledge for making the manual? -> manual completed

<Front>

Master2 : 2nd volume for solo. accessible with the footswitch

Master1 : push = master volume of the front panel channel, pull = MV of back CH
can change the channel with the footswitch

Treble
Middle
Bass

Mid-Sweep : clockwise = narrower the mid-range frequencies
Mid-Sweep Switch : 2-way switch. left = mid range voicing, right = upper mid range voicing

Gain2
switch below Gain2 : 3-way switch. left = the most aggressive & bright, middle = default, right = 2nd aggressvie & bright

Gain1
switch below Gain1 : 3-way switch, same as the switch below Gain2 but different capacitor value

Feel : adjust the feel from tight to spongy, counter-clock = tight, clock-wise = spongy

<Back>

Send
P Return : Parallel
S Return : Series

Gain - clean channel volume, push = fatter/warmer, pull = bright
why push/pull?? is it the clean channel? how to select the clean channel?

Treble
Mid
Bass

Violence : push = off, pull = 4th gain stage engaged, clock-wise = increasing the gain

Presence
Glass : NFB for all frequency, counter-clock = darkest/smoothest tone, clockwise = brighter/aggressive
Depth : NFB for low frequency

Footswitch1 : channel switching
Footswitch2 : MV1 & MV2 select

NT4mKrAFRa8b4CheROyd5M8acTE36ETsHUX6teGML2FsS4eVUFf7N4sgxaRdiXA_63iYej68Sml85zAa5ZO9iKhoes105mP2pAKTxpeYXiqqcd7pyVsnXZC3F3ocCt2cp0eySATQnOp3qSzD8BFuxXfPoUxnQPkl4QgTr6inxXKVzC13g3X1oIW_-sEFyIwIIsYjN66ESOpCm-gteWXkdmqra9Xgod7yakPB5RWGp0_7jvGmdYy5IVvw--xcQoY_Uvj6zsuJsnnsWKtCMK2c0f0mfCkSHjv3NBA6J3SAglY7ed4NDTPqwdaZzmdtbz3_c281hPNQaZ8oKfN7-wKFXkcbGOjLJfWN_n3HsFHbn41uJjLnWUqs5ZOWuv8nlWR334AbEQSzVblPcjEEi7hzoT-T9MJuKxgngMRytP00OXE9bGDzYlZyf1J6CKFo21BneIOF1thqjJFTBqHRKzCAk0LOGvQ6LOH3ie-gNMUODEukMBtPToE47ZpJ5KOkoKuzetx8O5Tth_YqwW644K1jQOYMrsA03tomfDFyHaYrPBzeNi1t-QrBlDX62vrc5az3Z7qwyv1rqPnVNa5-LeaZSAdktCXuSdkkzm5ib2sbM1E=w1279-h959-no

zo81p3DfYfzK1o19rLcAggHJe-DPb-0AckdnvrFp67GWKMleHNDJLT0A_QroKBek3jdQT1bRk-BvOQDaytRYIM3ZH9_rZHTCau4Hf5jpp4DAwgeR_M7qCZ5h3erhQzfsvAsRiwk4wpjyAtT-BwODEkgsBe8eAE32Una9Z9uVc-SWszGsMBC92Vr68r_fDMiDSutH2XMpEE4-xTqN0j_Gd8VGu_VKf4MDo0VlBsdrBDWfHOT03xo41YXfcDXXqfiZeu7cgGUiPJ8fcI0YO0vhVlQU1fXzdyeHJ2L8vQK2zt1o6IG32Dat79hjnNyHmGWfiTaGjg6U59L5mV2r6qy2LkF8eQ0Mq6o8uK5-W6eqHge2Eyxs1d0ZUawshFhmJGkU8DjkTcYnZ6s5nkY9fddYgPvf34ZG6Kt-4r3VAwct4xAX5qQB6xWIc4fSxohD-EPCrJ8zU-I6T40CiSTS0wLA8hpxxem5-NJNqW_yFY0LYVffGT2gpPufy5TPYrnhkI0oMEfM1JEM0iCJcgmv5UeUrnmTY1W40xdcASq62qznbwkkDYaK3ek3XgM0ZhNLmcKv-fC1RCzJLxmDmnVxwP2xQgtkqtdXBCEQ5i5ipASx7us=w1279-h959-no

The switches on the gain are bright caps. The depth adjusts curtain frequencies and the the glass controls the amount of NFB for all frequencies. More glass the brighter/aggressive the amp will be.

3 way switch below gain 1-2 are bright switches, on mine they are only relevant at gain levels below half way point. Center is off, up is one set of bright caps, down is a different set. Mine has a pull-tight, so its slightly different than yours. My 4th stage (violence) has its own switch to engage, its after the tone stack, just before the power section, I'd assume the pull is an engage, but mine has no clean channel, so not sure if it affects the clean or not. Mine has no glass control, or foot switching, its a single channel.
You could email Mike and he could lay that out for you. Might help if he knew who he built it for, he does mods to the customers needs
Hope that helps ;)

it becomes clearer after playing a little bit more.
but i still have a couple of questions.

1. on the front panel, there is FEEL knob, which is also found in Cameron amps.
what is it in circuit level?

2. there are Gain1 and Gain2.
i assume Gain1 goes into Gain2 and both have the bright switch.
are there tonal difference between "Gain1 bright off & Gain2 bright on" and "Gain1 bright on & Gain2 bright off" ?

if the bright switch is only below Gain1, it makes sense to me.
Gain1 can adjust the overall brightness, and Gain2 can compensate the overall gain level.
but why 2 bright switches below the 2 gain knobs?

btw, the overall impression is...
it seems like the amp that Cameron modified marshall should be.

it has the great core tone - very marshall.
not VH1 tone, but more modern and more defined.

in addition to the core tone, it has decent tone shaping options.
all knobs and switches works well for the right amount of tonal changes.

all tones are definitely in marshall camp, not mesa or sth else.

Mike included this in my KK++ mod:

Killer Kali ++ Overview

GAIN 1 and GAIN 2 are push pull pots that allow you to select a bright capacitor.

The higher the gain settings the less effect the bright switch will have because they are wired across the pots input and wiper, so with the gain pot full on, it basically shorts out the cap filter.

Working both gain pots in different position with all the combinations of the bright pull switch positions gives you a plethora of options to tailor your tone.

The FEEL pot lets you dial in more gain as well but will give it a tighter feel or give a looser bassier feel.

The VIOLENCE pot on the back engages another tube stage and the pot acts as a 3rd gain control with the other two GAINS on the front panel plus the feel control. Lots of variations to be had there.

The MOFFSET loop is series, and pedal ready and completely straight forward.

---------------------------------------------------------

The feel knob is typically a pot impedance adjuster. Like a way to adjust the gain pot value from 1meg to probably around 250k. Closer to 250k, the amp gets tighter.

scottosan":1omre1ai said:
So this does not have diode clipping?

i received the manual from Dan and completed the above post.

he usually seems to add SAT switch next to VIOLENCE knob.
but mine has no SAT switch.

here is the description from the manual about the switch below the gain pots .

The first 2 Gain pots each have a switch below them. These are bright switches that allow
you to select 2 different cap values, and the center position is no bright cap.
With the Bright switches in the left setting, it adds more gain and thickness to the tone.
With the switches set to the right position it is brighter and thinner sounding in comparison.
The higher the gain settings, the less effect the bright switches will have.
Working both gain pots in different settings with all the combinations of the bright switch
positions gives you a plethora of options to tailor your tone.

Mines got a 2 position SAT switch, up is a smoother set of diodes, middle is off, down is a more open/raw set of diodes. I rarely use them, I leave the Violence stage engaged and set around 1 O clock, then set gain 1-2 to taste

Back