Friedman Buxom Boost or BE-OD pedal

Econ

Want to use a pedal to get a more HBE type sound out of a BlugAmp1. Which one of the above would you recommend and why?

If you want a boost pedal, the Buxom Betty boost is hard to beat into an already broken up amp. It's really versatile too.

If you are wanting an overall distortion pedal into a clean channel, the BE-OD is the way to go. The BE-OD does not like non-clean amps.

atrox":15cnt5b8 said:
If you are wanting an overall distortion pedal into a clean channel, the BE-OD is the way to go. The BE-OD does not like non-clean amps.

I don't know about that. I use the BE-OD into a semi broken up amp and to me it kills. I think it's all about what tone you are going after. I know people that turn down the internal trim pot and use it as a boost as well. I have no experience with the other pedal.

I want to know more as well about the Buxom Boost pedal..been watching videos and they sound pretty good but really not much if any info about any DB's it puts out,but lots of nice features.

atrox":19249xw3 said:
The BE-OD does not like non-clean amps.
Disagree.

I run one in front of a cranked Plexi that (on it's own) is breaking up like Joe Walsh's 'James Gang' type of tones.

Just play with the internal gain pot to find the sweet spot.

:rock:

riffermadness":hutuwfr7 said:
I want to know more as well about the Buxom Boost pedal..been watching videos and they sound pretty good but really not much if any info about any DB's it puts out,but lots of nice features.

I just got to check out a Buxom Boost, and it totally knocked my socks off. As far as how much clean boost it has, the boost set to 1 o'clock is like a TS808 style pedal cranked all of the way up. So it has almost twice as much output on tap as something like a TS9 or a Maxon OD808.

Just ordered a Buxom Boost. I have a BE-OD already. The Buxom seems pretty versatile and I’ll see how I like it compared to my regular ts style boost.

Buxom boost is amazing. The best thing about it is it works on all amps clean or dirty. I have a dark sounding clean amp that I'm not impressed with the clean this thing sparkles it up great. It really can make a American amp sound British or a British amp sound American. Pete Thorn uses it on a Bassman to make it grunt like a el34 amp. The tight knob is the real kicker. That's something no other boost really has. I've had a Koko boost on my board for 6-7 years. This is the first pedal to dethrone it for me.

As for the OP most people like myself have not played a BlugAmp. Can it make it sound like a HBE? No clue. If it has a good boosted Marshall tone already then maybe. If it doesn't get the BE-OD and run it into a cleaner amp. If you keep the internal gain trim pot down below 9 o'clock it sounds great into a broken up amp.

Agreed. I've owned 40+ of pedals and have tried countless other and the buxom boost is in my top 4 favorites (the other 3 are MUCH more expensive) and it's also very quiet. I was quite surprised by it. I was even considering posting an extensive review of it on here

To all that has posted here this has helped me out a lot..I plan on using in front of my 5150-3 50 watt head just for kicks,only to enhance its natural tones..I just got another nice boost pedal yesterday and my EVH loves it, but this Friedman Buxom Boost seems like an all around winner.

if you want a great pedal into a clean or crunchy amp, get a Menatone "The King" pedal. or maybe Menawatt if you want the Hi-watt sizzle. BE-OD I would not use in front of a clean-amp personally. Or just get a Friedman combo and be done with it if thats the sound you like.

Back