The Teslovak KT88 sound more like a GE6550 in you clip, less warm more 6l6'sh. I have always felt the JJ KT88 bottom end to be kinda smeared and a bit loose when I compared them in my amps, but they fit your Major well.

In your clip the JJ KT88 warmness did lend itself to more pleasant tone kind of EL34 like and crazy enough... it did seem a little gainier. Maybe if was the fullness and warmth bringing it out.

I hear good things about the Gold Lion KT88's but man they are expensive.

harddriver":1ffz7n2x said:
The Teslovak KT88 sound more like a GE6550 in you clip, less warm more 6l6'sh. I have always felt the JJ KT88 bottom end to be kinda smeared and a bit loose when I compared them in my amps, but they fit your Major well.

In your clip the JJ KT88 warmness did lend itself to more pleasant tone kind of EL34 like and crazy enough... it did seem a little gainier. Maybe if was the fullness and warmth bringing it out.

I hear good things about the Gold Lion KT88's but man they are expensive.

The sound is very close but the feel is definitely different.
The JJ feel nice and balanced when you're rippin' through the amp.

I've trying the Gold Lion's before and really liked them but a little too expensive for me right now. :)

Ok! I have a Question....Is there anything you do that doesn't sound amazing? Holy shit I want that tone but angrier sounding if that makes sense. My Soldano Avenger is Really close but doesn't have that exact Marshall Kerrang that everyone loves.

DET1973":2kuefa88 said:
Ok! I have a Question....Is there anything you do that doesn't sound amazing? Holy shit I want that tone but angrier sounding if that makes sense. My Soldano Avenger is Really close but doesn't have that exact Marshall Kerrang that everyone loves.

You're very kind, thank you bro! :thumbsup:

I find the Soldano's are a totally different animal compared to the articulate and pissed-off Plexi sound.
I do like Mike's amps though. :thumbsup:

I like both. Just curious, do they match up in mA’s? Meaning, it might be cool to use a pair of each in the amp.

Salos":2tghc5nl said:
I like the JJ's better in the video. Didn't think I would.

The JJ's really do have a better feel to them when you're playing through them.
They feel as if they're not as brittle.

psychodave":10ab3fu3 said:
I like both. Just curious, do they match up in mA’s? Meaning, it might be cool to use a pair of each in the amp.

Yes they do match-up pretty close, around 28 to 29 negative grid voltage.

That's a good idea, I never thought of mixing them up. :thumbsup:

Sounds killer! Both tubes sound very similar.
Are you using an attenuator or master volume of some sort?

A 100w plexi is staggering in terms of volume, can't imagine how insane a Marshall major is.

CEG85":3j71af63 said:
Sounds killer! Both tubes sound very similar.
Are you using an attenuator or master volume of some sort?

A 100w plexi is staggering in terms of volume, can't imagine how insane a Marshall major is.

Thank you!
I'm using a PPIMV that I designed so it was recorded at TV listening volume in the video.
I don't own an attenuator.

Back