Favorite single-coil size humbucker

Marshallman

I'm on a kick to built a strat... been listening to too much Red Hot Chili Pepper lately I guess. I'm wondering what's your favorite single coil-size humbuckers to you prefer for hard rock music?

Unless you're dead set on the look of SSS with the sound of HSS or HSH I probably wouldn't bother with any of them. I've yet to hear one that sounds like their full-size counterpart.

For years it was the Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues. The original one.
But now I tend to favor the Injector.

Yeah, stacked single coils that actually sound like single coils are something else entirely. Which of the two types are you looking for?

non, they just dont sound like HB, that having been said, JB junior, or the cheapest chinese dual blade alnico you can find.

I think Dave Murray from Maiden is killing it with side by side single coil sized humbuckers in his Fenders and has been for many years.

I used to have a Hot Rails in a Strat. Sounded perfectly
Decent. The Tone Zone S also gets good reviews.

A couple of weeks ago, I found some old Jackson rail humbuckers in a drawer, and decided to make my parts-o-caster passive again. I put a Wilde L500XL in the bridge, and a Jackson J200R in the neck, and a push/push potmeter as the only control in the guitar. Sounds awesome, and just having the one control makes it such a simple and good sounding guitar.

Long time listener, first time caller here ...

I just went through this and ended up with the Tone Zone S. Very happy with it.

Back