Ceriatone Chupacabra effects loop/tone changes?

ledvedder

What pedals work in the Ceriatone loops? I got a Chupacabra 50,and when I tried my Ibanez DE7 delay and Danelectro EQ in the loop, they didn't play well. Total tone suck. Highs and volume completely dropped. These pedals work fine in my Marshall's loop. Before I put out the money to get a Metro loop or something like a Klein-ulator, I'd like to hear what pedals have worked for everyone.

ledvedder":10vqcmo6 said:
What pedals work in the Ceriatone loops? I got a Chupacabra 50,and when I tried my Ibanez DE7 delay and Danelectro EQ in the loop, they didn't play well. Total tone suck. Highs and volume completely dropped. These pedals work fine in my Marshall's loop. Before I put out the money to get a Metro loop or something like a Klein-ulator, I'd like to hear what pedals have worked for everyone.
Some may work, but none are going to be transparent. I have alot of experience with both interrupt loops (ceriatone) and the Metro is going to save you alot of headache.

scottosan":3uojjiyn said:
ledvedder":3uojjiyn said:
Some may work, but none are going to be transparent. I have alot of experience with both interrupt loops (ceriatone) and the Metro is going to save you alot of headache.

The problem is, I don't know of any techs near me. I'm fairly technical and could probably do it myself. But, I'm having a hard time finding out where I would measure the B+ voltage.

ledvedder":16ndlx9r said:
scottosan":16ndlx9r said:
ledvedder":16ndlx9r said:

The problem is, I don't know of any techs near me. I'm fairly technical and could probably do it myself. But, I'm having a hard time finding out where I would measure the B+ voltage.
there will be instruction on the metro site, but depending where you tie it in, these 2 spots will give you identical readings. Based on that, use the resistor value listed in the instructions. Lots of people on here will help.

Attachments

• Chupa50-30Sept-2015.jpg
    Chupa50-30Sept-2015.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,278
scottosan":3omokxrj said:
ledvedder":3omokxrj said:
scottosan":3omokxrj said:
ledvedder":3omokxrj said:

there will be instruction on the metro site, but depending where you tie it in, these 2 spots will give you identical readings. Based on that, use the resistor value listed in the instructions. Lots of people on here will help.

Wow, that's the best explanation I've gotten. I was searching the net all night last night.

So basically, there will be 4 connections?

1. Ground
2. B+ using the proper resistor value
3. One of the master volume lugs
4. One of the treble lugs

Is this correct?

scottosan":1row0h5y said:
ledvedder":1row0h5y said:
scottosan":1row0h5y said:
ledvedder":1row0h5y said:

Would it matter if I made the connection at either of those points?

If you are thinking about installing a metro loop, you may have problems with the center spacing of the jacks. I think the hole centers drilled in the Ceriatone chassis are closer together than the Metro jacks.

ledvedder":1krexfqo said:
scottosan":1krexfqo said:
scottosan":1krexfqo said:

Wow, that's the best explanation I've gotten. I was searching the net all night last night.

So basically, there will be 4 connections?

1. Ground
2. B+ using the proper resistor value
3. One of the master volume lugs
4. One of the treble lugs

Is this correct?
it will go between the treble pot and PI on this amp

When I get back to the house, I’ll send a pic. As someone else has stated the stock holes might be off. What is the center to center width of the chassis holes?

scottosan":1zlwevoi said:
When I get back to the house, I’ll send a pic. As someone else has stated the stock holes might be off. What is the center to center width of the chassis holes?

Thank you so much! I'll check when I get home.

If the amp has an insert loop, get a Boss SE-50 or SE-70. They can be had cheap. I paid $70 for my Boss SE-50. Then make a post thanking me. :thumbsup:

scottosan":2vgulrb3 said:

The holes are exactly 1 inch apart, center to center.

scottosan":1uvktxcd said:

Both spots measure 353.

ledvedder":33odjb6u said:
scottosan":33odjb6u said:

Both spots measure 353.
Not sure I follow. The Metro loop is about 1.5 inches measure the center of the send jack to the center of the return jack.

scottosan":1swloh9p said:
ledvedder":1swloh9p said:
scottosan":1swloh9p said:

Both spots measure 353.
Not sure I follow. The Metro loop is about 1.5 inches measure the center of the send jack to the center of the return jack.

Sorry, my responses were confusing.

The jacks measure exactly 1 inch center to center.

The B+ measures 353 at both spots you noted in the picture above.

Yeah, I was afraid this might be the case.
As another option, I know Nik from Ceriatone offers a buffered loop board that doesn't have the jacks soldered to the board. The board has 3 holes in it, any of which can be used to mount it on a stand-off, and then you fly some short leads over to the jacks. I actually have one here that I bought for a Ceriatone build I've been fooling around with, but I haven't installed it yet. No idea how it compares to the Metro loop, but it looks decent enough quality. I think I paid $35 + shipping from Malaysia.
Maybe somebody else on the forum has experience with the Ceriatone buffered loop and can post an opinion on the sound quality vs the insert loop.

fusedbrain":17mfcnt5 said:
Yeah, I was afraid this might be the case.
As another option, I know Nik from Ceriatone offers a buffered loop board that doesn't have the jacks soldered to the board. The board has 3 holes in it, any of which can be used to mount it on a stand-off, and then you fly some short leads over to the jacks. I actually have one here that I bought for a Ceriatone build I've been fooling around with, but I haven't installed it yet. No idea how it compares to the Metro loop, but it looks decent enough quality. I think I paid $35 + shipping from Malaysia.
Maybe somebody else on the forum has experience with the Ceriatone buffered loop and can post an opinion on the sound quality vs the insert loop.

I wonder if there's a way I could make the metro loop work?

Maybe try a decent buffer pedal right after the fx send? I had my 2203KK modded for a passive insert loop and this helped.

godgrinder":15utg28s said:
Maybe try a decent buffer pedal right after the fx send? I had my 2203KK modded for a passive insert loop and this helped.

Is crazy. As soon as I plug something into the loop, the volumes completely drops and a ton of highs get squashed.

Back