ESP predictions for 2018

maddnotez":987yxi0c said:
Vin Diezel":987yxi0c said:
maddnotez":987yxi0c said:
Stealthtastic":987yxi0c said:
Incredibly out of touch spec choices as always. They seem to be stuck in 2008. This is coming from an ESP dealer too.

I really wish they'd just bring back the ESP designation for Japanese made guitars too, the EII thing has really killed demand for the product in the US. We've had so many clients ask about getting the EII with the ESP logo instead. It doesn't bug me personally, but if it bugs clients then that's all that matters. Even the higher ups I spoke to @ NAMM were confused by it.

Oh well.
I guess they just need a headless multiscale with poor QC to be up to date. :dunno:

ROFL! :2thumbsup:

What’s funny about this......

Looks like they’ve got the poor QC down already.

Just got an MH-1000 Evertune in the mail today. The 12th inlay is gone so I guess it’s the newer model preparing for 2018?

Passed ESP USA QC and Sweetwater 55 point inspection somehow. Many many issues with the finish. Very disappointed.

$1,100 guitar, has black paint smudges on the binding at nearly every single fret, a little discoloration on the board, imperfections where the binding meets the body and the neck. Plus the back plate is completely scratched to shit with no plastic covering.

Before people say it’s an LTD what did you expect, I’ll say this. The guitar cost $1,100 and is the top of the line LTD 1000 Deluxe. I have other LTD that don’t have these issues and TBH have never seen such poor quality on any finish of ANY guitar I have owned.

Is a shame because it plays and sounds incredible but I just cannot accept so many flaws on a “new” guitar.

Not sure what to do. I worry if I exchange for another the same thing will happen. :confused:

Sorry to ear that man. I had a similar experience with a EII that was just coming out, It was like they rush things out to fill early orders.

Metal1977":zg79xef8 said:
maddnotez":zg79xef8 said:
Vin Diezel":zg79xef8 said:
maddnotez":zg79xef8 said:
Stealthtastic":zg79xef8 said:
Incredibly out of touch spec choices as always. They seem to be stuck in 2008. This is coming from an ESP dealer too.

I really wish they'd just bring back the ESP designation for Japanese made guitars too, the EII thing has really killed demand for the product in the US. We've had so many clients ask about getting the EII with the ESP logo instead. It doesn't bug me personally, but if it bugs clients then that's all that matters. Even the higher ups I spoke to @ NAMM were confused by it.

Oh well.
I guess they just need a headless multiscale with poor QC to be up to date. :dunno:

ROFL! :2thumbsup:

What’s funny about this......

Looks like they’ve got the poor QC down already.

Just got an MH-1000 Evertune in the mail today. The 12th inlay is gone so I guess it’s the newer model preparing for 2018?

Passed ESP USA QC and Sweetwater 55 point inspection somehow. Many many issues with the finish. Very disappointed.

$1,100 guitar, has black paint smudges on the binding at nearly every single fret, a little discoloration on the board, imperfections where the binding meets the body and the neck. Plus the back plate is completely scratched to shit with no plastic covering.

Before people say it’s an LTD what did you expect, I’ll say this. The guitar cost $1,100 and is the top of the line LTD 1000 Deluxe. I have other LTD that don’t have these issues and TBH have never seen such poor quality on any finish of ANY guitar I have owned.

Is a shame because it plays and sounds incredible but I just cannot accept so many flaws on a “new” guitar.

Not sure what to do. I worry if I exchange for another the same thing will happen. :confused:

Sorry to ear that man. I had a similar experience with a EII that was just coming out, It was like they rush things out to fill early orders.

:dunno:

Yeah it sucks but is what it is. Love the guitar and The Evertune but not willing to take less than B stock quality for a new guitar. Might swap and hope the next one doesn’t suck or will wait to see what 2018 has and upgrade to an E-ii but TBH this color with an Evertune is what I want so will see.

OMG the multiscales look perfect.

Kinda excited over the EC-257 too because it has 22 frets and looks good. Might get one to throw on a Floyd or Kahler.

Pushead":1n3xpgec said:
The page leaked early.

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/2018-product-preview

It's a pretty nice collection. I'm hoping there's some new E-II models this year as well

There will be. A few people were like WTF no E-ii?!? The VP replied and dropped a few hints.

They are waiting on pictures from Japan and said there will be an E-ii preview and to stay tuned. One of the hints I was given was that there may be 6 string E-ii with Evertune.

Worth noting that he also reached out to me about the quality issues I was having with my recent purchase. He seems to genuinely care about his product and that goes a long way with me. :rock:

I think I may have to just return the guitar now instead of an exchange to see what E-ii has to offer. Kind of a bummer seeing how I was waiting for today to come to see what my decision will be and now I have to wait longer :LOL: :LOL: but it is what it is.

First world problems.

maddnotez":1kiamz8a said:
They are waiting on pictures from Japan and said there will be an E-ii preview and to stay tuned. One of the hints I was given was that there may be 6 string E-ii with Evertune.

Where did you see this?

As far as any official interaction with the ESP guys I've had, they've always been pretty interested in making things right or getting any information they can find. Even when I'm usually asking for something fairly odd.

I just wish I could have convinced them to let me have replacement logos for the two I've had refinished. :(

First-world problems, indeed.

Pushead":3k2w0ss9 said:
maddnotez":3k2w0ss9 said:

Where did you see this?

As far as any official interaction with the ESP guys I've had, they've always been pretty interested in making things right or getting any information they can find. Even when I'm usually asking for something fairly odd.

I am sure he gets bombarded as it is putting himself out there like he does. But...... since he does put himself out there than whatever lol.....The Senior VP of ESP, Jeff Moore. He is in one of the FB groups that I am in and he does chime in from time to time with info/updates/assistance.

maddnotez":4gl3p4t1 said:
Pushead":4gl3p4t1 said:
The page leaked early.

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/2018-product-preview

It's a pretty nice collection. I'm hoping there's some new E-II models this year as well

There will be. A few people were like WTF no E-ii?!? The VP replied and dropped a few hints.

Worth noting that he also reached out to me about the quality issues I was having with my recent purchase. He seems to genuinely care about his product and that goes a long way with me. :rock:

I think I may have to just return the guitar now instead of an exchange to see what E-ii has to offer. Kind of a bummer seeing how I was waiting for today to come to see what my decision will be and now I have to wait longer :LOL: :LOL: but it is what it is.

First world problems.

That's pretty cool from the VP! So many companies are avoiding people like the plague once they got their money. :no:

The waiting sucks but at least you will get a better product. :rock:

Stealthtastic":1b4p58d3 said:

Oh well.

I agree. I miss the old ESP line. I've owned Ltd.'s and even a few E-II's but none of them lasted long before I sold them. My older ESP Standards and Customs are all that I still have. They just feel, play and sound better to me.

I don't understand the E-II rebranding thing. ESP states that the E-II's are the same as the old ESP Standards but from my experience they just are not.

IMO it has hurt ESP because so many loved the ESP Standards and want ESP on the headstock. Very few are going to pay those super high Custom Shop prices now that the ESP Standards are gone.

IMO they really need to bring back the ESP Standards.

Agree on both posts above. I dislike the E-ii logo. I would almost rather have an LTD logo but I see mixed reviews. I do not have first hand experience to judge.

I have seen several say yes, they are the exact same guitars as the standards and I have seen others say no they are not.

I have a Standard but I got it used so even if I got the E-ii It would not be a fair comparison because idk what my Standard went through before it got to my hands.

@Metal1977 Agreed, Jeff Moore is a cool guy that cares about his product. We had a decent conversation and he was shocked about my experience. Not because of an issue with an LTD but coming from Sweetwater. He said that company has absolutely the most returns out of any vendor because they are so damn picky and that it was a myth how this guitar passed through.

My guess is because the guitar is on backorder. I had to wait 2 weeks to even get one in stock and the minute they come in they are gone. That leads me to believe they might let things slide to keep the customer happy which IMO is counter productive IF that is actually the case.

I am torn right now, Jeff could not answer everything for me (probably due to legal issues) but it really bums me out that they did not release the E-ii line yesterday.

Even though I see these posts like jlb saying E-ii might not be as good as a standard, I expect them still to be better than the LTD. Either way the radius on the E-ii I like better than the LTD 305 vs 350.

The thing is I can play either guitar fine and it is not a huge deal. I would choose certain options over the radius difference.

Sorry for the ramble. TL;DR I can't decide weather or not to just get the same LTD that I returned or to wait another month or so and hope that there is an E-ii Horizon with an Evertune in see through black Flame lol.....Seems like a lot to ask and very specific..That is the one question I wish Jeff could have answered to save me a month of my life and indecision.

I'm disappointed. Nothing new with the Skolnick LTD's, or anything in a Traditional thickness.

But, who knows. May have more to come, along with the E-II's.

jlb32":1vx5lixm said:
Stealthtastic":1vx5lixm said:

Oh well.

I agree. I miss the old ESP line. I've owned Ltd.'s and even a few E-II's but none of them lasted long before I sold them. My older ESP Standards and Customs are all that I still have. They just feel, play and sound better to me.

I don't understand the E-II rebranding thing. ESP states that the E-II's are the same as the old ESP Standards but from my experience they just are not.

IMO it has hurt ESP because so many loved the ESP Standards and want ESP on the headstock. Very few are going to pay those super high Custom Shop prices now that the ESP Standards are gone.

This!

Am I the only one excited about this? Been 20 years since this was introduced, glad it's back.

BbDcgET.jpg

For anyone interested, here's the comparison review I did on an E-II Eclipse vs my ESP Standard Eclipses. I feel like I was pretty honest and fair in my review of the guitar.

https://www.espguitars.com/forums/1...n-review-e-ii-eclipse-vs-esp-standard-eclipse

I will say, most of the things I noticed about the fret board and inlays come from my experience with mid 2000s Eclipses, and that they had changed the inlay material well before making the change to E-II.

Vin Diezel":3u6g6jy7 said:
jlb32":3u6g6jy7 said:
Stealthtastic":3u6g6jy7 said:

Oh well.

This!

Did the prices go up for the OG Series after the E-ii change?

Not really. There are people that think they should and price accordingly, but you should be able to get SS series guitars for $1000 all day long, and significantly better prices if you're willing to look.

Back