ESP predictions for 2018

maddnotez

Banned
Anyone follow ESP? They’ve released some 2018 previews and One was an LTD Deluxe Horizon-iii.

The VP says their target is $799 street price. That seemed pretty cheap to me considering MH-1000’s are $899.

I know they are testing new colors which is great but I’m really wondering if they’re going to cut pricing and/or release some other cool things.

Anyone have any predictions or inside info?

I just ordered an MH-1000 with Evertune but I’m waiting for stock to arrive. I’m seriously considering canceling the order to see what 2018 brings. Would hate to pay a premium if they’re slashing prices or releasing something better.

k

Good choice on the MH-1000 Evertune! I bought the first version a few years ago (gloss black w/rosewood board) and it just slays. I've been tempted to sell and "upgrade" to the current model with the flamed maple top and the ebony board, but have also been curious about what's around the corner.

As you may know, they currently offer an Eclipse E-II Evertune in black satin, and I'm crossing my fingers for an E-II Horizon 6-string Evertune, especially in that gorgeous see-thru black flame. I bought and sold an EC-1000 Evertune...I just couldn't get along with it. I think it was the combo of 24.75" and 24 frets...it just felt out of balance, and my picking hand was feeling claustrophobic.

If you sign up for the ESP All-Access, you can get some sneak previews. I predict more Evertune models in the next year or two for sure!

113899051_large_1512347705.jpg

112854865_large_1494318741.jpg

Meeotch":n47vje7h said:
Good choice on the MH-1000 Evertune! I bought the first version a few years ago (gloss black w/rosewood board) and it just slays. I've been tempted to sell and "upgrade" to the current model with the flamed maple top and the ebony board, but have also been curious about what's around the corner.

As you may know, they currently offer an Eclipse E-II Evertune in black satin, and I'm crossing my fingers for an E-II Horizon 6-string Evertune, especially in that gorgeous see-thru black flame. I bought and sold an EC-1000 Evertune...I just couldn't get along with it. I think it was the combo of 24.75" and 24 frets...it just felt out of balance, and my picking hand was feeling claustrophobic.

If you sign up for the ESP All-Access, you can get some sneak previews. I predict more Evertune models in the next year or two for sure!

113899051_large_1512347705.jpg

112854865_large_1494318741.jpg

Yeah that’s the thing, I would totally upgrade to an E-ii if something striked my fancy. I didn’t like the brown Horizon this year and also I really want to try the Evertune or even a Hipshot because I feel I can play slightly faster with a lower profile vs. the TOM. At least I can with my Floyd, I just don’t want a Floyd this time.

I also don’t want to miss out on the MH-1000 that I ordered if for some reason the 2018 E-ii are a no for me and then if the current MH isn’t available after. Tough choice.

Here’s that one I have on order. Have a few more days to decide.

FWIW, I'm sure you will be happy with that MH-1000! The gloss black MH-1000 went for 3? years before they changed it to the current model, and that is in its first year, so I bet you would be safe waiting. I actually have this beauty on order:

xlarge.png

A combo of the Evertune with Fishman pickups (recently changed from EMG), ebony board, neck-thru, and locking tuners got me going. Plus the semi-hollow body adds to the uniqueness. LTD is really killing it, but yeah an E-II would be a whole other level. Keep us posted!

Meeotch":1h3zyzjp said:
FWIW, I'm sure you will be happy with that MH-1000! The gloss black MH-1000 went for 3? years before they changed it to the current model, and that is in its first year, so I bet you would be safe waiting. I actually have this beauty on order:

xlarge.png

A combo of the Evertune with Fishman pickups (recently changed from EMG), ebony board, neck-thru, and locking tuners got me going. Plus the semi-hollow body adds to the uniqueness. LTD is really killing it, but yeah an E-II would be a whole other level. Keep us posted!

Nice. Where did you get that? I don’t see that color or Fishman on their site.

I like a lot of things about their singlecuts, but I can't handle the skinny necks. I wish they made one with a fat neck.

They got rid of the 12th fret inlay which is a winner imho. That said, I used to love Esp, but I just lost interest lately. Nothing really new, and I wish they at least brought back the good old M models they made during the 90es.

Put the see-through green and see-through purple on E-II Eclipses and put them on a UPS truck to my place. I'll send my credit card details.

Annoying that the market seems to have decided that 7-string guys don't want tremolos but instead want an Evertune. I want a Floyd!!!!

damn, i was about to pull the trigger on an ibanez 7 string, that viper might make me change my mind

Zado":1uecfy4t said:
They got rid of the 12th fret inlay which is a winner imho. That said, I used to love Esp, but I just lost interest lately. Nothing really new, and I wish they at least brought back the good old M models they made during the 90es.

Yeah, especially on the LTD's with the inlay. I don't mind seeing ESP though :)

I do wish they would bring back the MV and make it legit like a 1000 series or an E-ii MV would be sweet. But I do like how they do not drastically change the currect models too much. If it aint' broke don't try to fix it.

squank":1uecfy4t said:
I like a lot of things about their singlecuts, but I can't handle the skinny necks. I wish they made one with a fat neck.

:gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

I love their necks but I do think everyone should have an option. That is one thing about ESP, unless you pay an obscene amount for a custom the options are limited. I consider their thin U in the middle of the road.

It is no Ibanez wizard but also not a Gibson. Just right in the middle. I like them a lot but I am curious to try the extra thin U. I have never played on any other ESP neck profiles.

The thing with the colors though is they are dipping their toes in the water. If this year's colors do well we will definitely be seeing more color options. Now we just need to get them to try other hardware and neck options.

The one thing that always bugged me is that a majority of the LTD radius vs ESP radius. Why can't I choose? I prefer ESP radius although LTD is not hard to get used to at all. I can't imagine them saving that much time or money by making the different radius mandatory.

Meeotch":2wpl0hik said:

xlarge.png

Man what model is this???

Zado":oqkzha16 said:
I wish they at least brought back the good old M models they made during the 90es.
^^^^ This... I love my Horizon, been eyeing a Horizon III, even the Mystique (maybe), but I've got a soft spot for Super Strats and I would love to see some new color choices outside of the USA range.

"You can have your [E-II M-II] in any color, as long as it's black..." H. Ford

I wish they'd have more offerings in the Eclipse style with traditional thickness. I don't think they offer ANYTHING in the E-II AT ALL? Whoop dee doo, an EC-1000T/CTM in 2 colors, and EMGs and gold hardware is what you get... That sucks.. I had the snow white, and LOVED IT, but, couldnt bond with the EMGs.

I have no idea where the Skolnick model will go, I'd like to marry that model with the neck from the EC. Owned 3 of those. Best LTD EC style offering, IMO, but necks are HUGE. Fatter than the LP Traditionals I owned.

I dig ESP, but they've always sucked when it came to choices. I bet if they expanded the T/CTM offerings, they'd sell. Schecter's newer Solo II Customs are way sexier, at this point.

Try looking for an NT-7 ESP Standard - anywhere in the world - gone!!

The E-II NT7B is readily available, but the rabble on the street is E-II are their moderate older Elite(??) series LTD, LTD is still LTD, and to get a proper (formerly "Standard") one has to go through their USA Custom Shop now.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong - all I know is I was hoping to score another ESP Standard NT7 neck-thru, string-thru that came stock wtih EMG707s, and they're no longer available - used or new - local or Russia, Ukraine, Japan, CONUS, Canada, etc. No can find.

:dunno:

Ventura":7u1qjujj said:
The rabble on the street is E-II are their moderate older Elite(??) series LTD, LTD is still LTD, and to get a proper (formerly "Standard") one has to go through their USA Custom Shop now.
That's what I've heard, too. In my case, there's no real equivalent to my ESP Standard Horizon FR-27 in the current USA series and I'd have to spend twice the price to even get close. I could always get a full-on Custom Shop, but I shudder to think of the price of that.

There’s also he original series from the japan custom shop. Which I have. That guitar is just plain bad ass.

Back