PsychoDave, Mentoneman, Carl need feedback Roland RE-501

Off topic but

are these guys well known?
my son just sent me a link and man i am impressed and hearing them today for the first time!

gives me hope for the younger generation that great electric rock/fusion soloing may still be alive

mentoneman":1h3dbnop said:
Off topic but

my son just sent me a link and man i am impressed and hearing them today for the first time!

gives me hope for the younger generation that great electric rock/fusion soloing may still be alive

There's a lot of cool stuff like that but most of it is from overseas. I follow Prog Sphere on Facebook and they posts links to all kinds of cool prog/fusion bands.

Racerxrated":2qrc13ow said:
Scotty":2qrc13ow said:
shredtilimdead13":2qrc13ow said:
I have one of those Roland Dc-10's like Malmsteen uses for his world ending self oscillations sound effects, they sound good at the end of a pedal chain but they can't take line level well at all they overload and get muddy.

MK III+ coli??

You are a man of most taste. All the bickering over IIc+ I will take a coli any day. Tad more aggression.
But then, you take a 2C++ and slave it into a Coli. NOW you have the definition of aggression.
Just sayin.
:rock:

I have slaved 2c+s into VHT and Boogie Strategy 400s and it was glorious, I bet your rig would kill!

Whitesnake 87 Coli tone is the reference IMO :thumbsup:

mentoneman":1qlp6vs6 said:
Off topic but

and the kid has a solid vibrato :shocked:

Enjoyed it a lot, good stuff.

danyeo":2gviusqa said:
Scotty":2gviusqa said:
Yeah I remember the Don talking about the Badgerplex pedal, I do not have the in person hang time with tape echos to make any determination plus or minus. Badger is no longer producing pedals so used prices are sure to be high.

The Don hooked me up to a Boss Dimension C cheap years ago, those things are going for over $350 now :LOL: :LOL: Won't sell it, too good for greasy Idol and Police stuff.

Speaking of Police stuff what are you using for a Flanger? I've been trying out FLangers and it seems the old Electric Mistress is another old pedal that can't be touched. However, I bought a 20 dollar Donner Jet Convolusion Flanger and it's not half bad. I had a 300 dollar Hartman Flanger and this 20 dollar piece of Chinese scrap parts sounds about as good.

I've been trying like heck to tweak my Fractal AX8 to replace pedals, some it can, some it can't. It does a good job at wah, OD, Phase 90 isn't bad. But for whammy, harmonies, vibe, flanger, I think it falls really short. And after 15 minutes of tweaking to get a decent pedal sound I want to throw something. I'd much rather just step on a pedal and twist some knobs.

Glad you can get away from all the Hawaii swimming video shoots to reply Danyeo Jonus. Yeah the Mistress is tough to beat but it is so big, I have the big pedal train board and it sucks up a ton of space. Have a older Boss BF-2 that I use, not as good as the mistress but goo enough as it does not get too much use.

I have been researching the Helix rack mount as it has several ins and outs for rack gear and such, it works in the routing tables to place it where you want. If I go Helix then I will just have my rack on my desk with some pedals and not much I cannot cover.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday season Danny.

doc has been warning me to stay out of the waves for a while now for my ears sake because there are days I can barely hear out of my left ear, as water and sand tends to get trapped in there after years of surfing cold California water and developing a mild case of surfer's ear, but can't help it! just too much fun!! and honestly the warm water of Oahu has definitely helped reduce the problems and it isn't painful inside my ears anymore to go in like it used to be in cold Cali water.

if there was ever a candidate for a perfect storm of ingredients for hearing loss it's me. blasting rock amps since high school, mixing live sound for 25 years, producing music videos with cranking playback for a quadrillion hours at a time, shooting and producing outdoor tv with shotguns and rifles going off a foot away, and the ocean poundings all my life....for all that punishment just a mild tinnitus, some slight hearing loss above 11k in my left ear and below 200 hz in my right (because my camera used to shield my right ear sitting on my right shoulder) and occasional water logged ears.

but can you blame me?

Pp43mywl.jpg

lCEqW37l.jpg

507iuJql.jpg

ndjtl2pl.jpg

IF28Uj8l.jpg

went to the finals of the Pipe Masters yesterday and gave world champ John John the Hawaiian flag he wore to the podium

John-John-Florence-BillabongPipeMasters2017-photo-Cestari-590x370.jpg

and ps just got engaged to this wonderful beautiful lady on Dec.2

AMGnY4bl.jpg

HoDoYq2m.jpg

How cold are the Cali waters? A friend of mine is a surfing instructor and they surf year round here, even when it's 20 degrees out. Winter is a great time in NJ for surfing.

danyeo":qsmkgysy said:
How cold are the Cali waters? A friend of mine is a surfing instructor and they surf year round here, even when it's 20 degrees out. Winter is a great time in NJ for surfing.

once the water gets into the low 60s/high 50s it sucks the fun out of it for me and my ear drums ache

I've gone skimming the day after Christmas in cali when the air was in the 30's and water in 50s just trunking it to say I did it but that was the only time, and I didn't have to sit in the water ducking waves. I never really surfed in winter there.

right now it's the coldest time for Hawaii and it's been super windy-mid/low 60s air temp at night and 72 in the water but you can trunk it from sun up to sundown no wetsuit

danyeo":1zmv5daf said:
mentoneman":1zmv5daf said:
Off topic but

There's a lot of cool stuff like that but most of it is from overseas. I follow Prog Sphere on Facebook and they posts links to all kinds of cool prog/fusion bands.

Agree with Dan here...you just have to dig but there is definitely some good stuff (and hope) from the younger generation out there.

Back