2000 Les Paul Standard Sparkle Tops - Very rare?

trappguitars

Hey Guys wanted to get some feedback on this...
I bought this Les Paul "Diamond" sparkle in 2000 (actually special ordered from St.Charles Guitar Exchange, now closed), a Gibson rep told me in early 2000's they are super super rare maybe only a few in existence.
Because the Gibson production line had trouble shooting the paint.
In the last 17 years, I've never seen another in person, only 2 others online. One in a auction in Germany, and one on ebay a few years back.
That year I believe Gibson offered a few colors of these- Blue sparkle-"Sapphire", Red sparkle-"Ruby"and White/iridescent sparkle "Diamond".
Does anybody here own any of these or has anybody seen them??

Attachments

• Diamond Sparkle.jpg
    Diamond Sparkle.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,406
Also,
It has the Gold Gibson "Limited Edition" stamp on the back of the head stock where the custom shop logo usually is.

I have a red sparkle 2006 custom shop black back also have a candy red goldburst black back ..though the sparkle is more fine .

I remember seeing a few of those, all three colors, around the same time (2000) at Mars Music in KCMO. IIRC, they all sold quickly. I think they had a silver sparkle Explorer, too. No idea how rare they are now, but I haven't seen any since.

Used to go to St. Charles Guitar Exchange every time I was in STL. Miss that store.

Deanmachine":3vbhqo24 said:
I have a red sparkle 2006 custom shop black back also have a candy red goldburst black back ..though the sparkle is more fine .

Is your red candy one an R7? They put out a limited edition candy apple red R7 awhile back, and they were SWEET!!

Pics!?

My pal has a briliant sparkle red Les Paul - from around that era.. But it weighs a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Cool guitar though!

What is it with Gibson and paint ? I have an 81 Goldburst LP (think silver burst but gold/copper) that I’m told is rare, because they had problems with the paint.

Back