Warrel Dane RIP

Fuck. That sucks ass. I saw Sanctuary in like 90 with Fates Warning. Dane was amazing then, and was on everything I heard from him..

Man, that sucks. I loved Sanctuary so much back in the day. Great band.

And of course Nevermore was magnificent as well.

Diabetes and alcohol, not a good combo for longevity of life. Sad day.

RIP Warrel. :(

Saw that tour as well. Perfect symmetry and into the mirror black. Saw Nevermore a bunch of times too. Sad cuz Sactuary were going to be support for Iced earth this spring. Probably not now.

Yes, that Sanctuary tour with Fates was epic. Warrel was awesome and Sanctuary was a huge influence on my band in the day. Really a sad day. RIP.

Damn, that does suck. Like the quote he had in that story: "Warrel later described NEVERMORE in an interview as "the greatest band that alcohol ever ruined."

Saw Nevermore open up for Mercyful Fate on their last tour for "9", here in Tampa, (actually St. Pete). Was hooked on Nevermore from that day on, loved their music. Really sad. Just results of an unhealthy lifestyle, it'll catch up to you, eventually. I know all too well.

I highly recommend their Voyager DVD. Killer live shred-fest, with Chris Broderick joining on that tour.

That is a real shame. One of the greatest voices in metal. He was an acquired taste for me but his style just really worked in Nevermore and his versatility on delivery was something else. R.I.P.

Back