Forte cabs are back!

This is awesome news! I used to own the Forte 3D 1x12 but couldn't get along with the bass response. I'm super interested in the 2x12 designs though.

I had one and really liked it, but I too couldn’t get it to thump as hard as I wanted. I’m not sure if that’s because the top and bottom are separated or it was the batting/fuzzy stuff in the back panel.

It definitely was more open than a fully closed back cab, which I need on stage to get those higher frequencies to spread on stage since I moved around a lot on stage.

I wonder if the new builder will make some adjustments.

With 2x12’s Vertical cabs throw sound horizontally due to “column effect”. Horizontal cabs throw it vertically. Horizontal cabs have more robist first reflection off of the ground increasing perceived bass response. Also as said the sealed speaker is in a smaller space compare to a 4x12. Even one speaker wired in a 4x12 will have a larger sound due to a larger size space. Id leave the batting in the cab as it makes he space “larger” scientifically even if it deadens some resonance.

All in all it isnt a sealed 4x12 and doesnt sound like one.

Back