Getting a 6505…what 2x12 should I get?

MetalThrasher":3gs0elqf said:
I already have a compact 1x12 wide body! Would this work for now! It's the open back version!

You're halfway there, just get another closed back. I'm telling you, I've tried every 2x12 out there, and NOTHING held a candle to 2 1x12 Thieles side by side. You can always grab one and go, great for stereo set up should you choose, etc.. Versatile.

If I had to insist on a 2x12, I'd recommend a Genz Benz G-Flex on the cheap, (if you find one), an Orange PPC212, or the ever popular Mesa 2x12.

napalmdeath":14efefng said:
MetalThrasher":14efefng said:
I already have a compact 1x12 wide body! Would this work for now! It's the open back version!

You're halfway there, just get another closed back. I'm telling you, I've tried every 2x12 out there, and NOTHING held a candle to 2 1x12 Thieles side by side. You can always grab one and go, great for stereo set up should you choose, etc.. Versatile.

If I had to insist on a 2x12, I'd recommend a Genz Benz G-Flex on the cheap, (if you find one), an Orange PPC212, or the ever popular Mesa 2x12.

I already have an Orange PPC412 but that for now is reserved for my other amps. I like your idea about getting another 1x12. Should I get the Thieles version or the closed back compact wide body? BTW… can I modify my current 1x12 to a closed back cab?

MetalThrasher":3i7sd4v5 said:
napalmdeath":3i7sd4v5 said:
MetalThrasher":3i7sd4v5 said:

I already have an Orange PPC412 but that for now is reserved for my other amps. I like your idea about getting another 1x12. Should I get the Thieles version or the closed back compact wide body? BTW… can I modify my current 1x12 to a closed back cab?

Well, as OCD as I am, I'd have to go wide-body, to match what I already had. Man, screw the 6505. Stack up 2 wide-bodys, and slap that Mark V 35 on top. I had a Mark V 25 with the 2 Thieles, and it was magnificent. I preferred it to my 4x12. Tight, focused, just killer. I loved that set up, I used Mark IV mode with a boost pedal, sick tone.

napalmdeath":2t7o6n5v said:
MetalThrasher":2t7o6n5v said:
napalmdeath":2t7o6n5v said:
MetalThrasher":2t7o6n5v said:

Well, as OCD as I am, I'd have to go wide-body, to match what I already had. Man, screw the 6505. Stack up 2 wide-bodys, and slap that Mark V 35 on top. I had a Mark V 25 with the 2 Thieles, and it was magnificent. I preferred it to my 4x12. Tight, focused, just killer. I loved that set up, I used Mark IV mode with a boost pedal, sick tone.

I like your style! I think I might be able to have my cake and eat it too! I'll get another 1x12 and hook up Mark V and III through that and get the 6505 and run it through the PPC412! I could use another guitar setup in my basement! :rock:

2x12s: I’ve had Marshall 1936, Bogner OS closed and the OS Semi open back, Port City Wave, Splawn, Forte S/V, Mesa horizontal, and now a Stagecraft Diagonal conceribale top open back.

All pretty good to great cabs. The Stagecraft is my fave, but it’s a larger 2x12. Second fave was the Bogner OS semi open back. I play modded Marshall amps and hard rock, some blues, and some metal.

Look for Stagecraft. Anthony is great. I almost got a Stone Age and a Petersen. Check those out also.

My 6505+ KILLS with my Mesa Recto 2x12. Huge, thick. Cleans sparkle.
That’s real life gigging and recording experience. ;)

Back