Guitar stores in the LA area

Econ

Hi folks,

I’m in Anaheim, CA on business until Sunday and would love to visit some cool guitars stores on Saturday. I’m trying to make an appointment at Tone Merchants and also plan to visit the Mesa Hollywood store.and amps (Mesa, Soldano, Friedman, Bogner, Diezel, Engl, etc).

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Spend some time on that area of Sunset Blvd when you go to the Mesa store. That Guitar Center is their best location (go through the acoustic room to get to the vintage gallery n the back), and the Sam Ash location across the street is great also. Traffic & time make the others rather tough for vacation scheduling.

Norms rare guitars in the valley, Dunable guitars in Glendale, labrea sunset pawnshop. As well as the sunset strip Mesa Sam ash and GC lots of cool stuff here.

Trutone Music in Santa Monica has pretty good inventory

Sam Ash on Sunset.

Can do GC, Sam Ash and Mesa by walking across the street. Take 20 more minutes and drive over to True Tone. 4 stores in two stops. Easy Peasy

kalt":1xj0sy3z said:
Trutone Music in Santa Monica has pretty good inventory

Sam Ash on Sunset.

Can do GC, Sam Ash and Mesa by walking across the street. Take 20 more minutes and drive over to True Tone. 4 stores in two stops. Easy Peasy
Yeah this...also Tone Merchant's is a 15-20 minute drive from GC/Sam Ash/Mesa.

There are several decent GCs in the LA area. A few weeks ago I went to the ones in Pasadena and Sherman Oaks for the first time. Norm's was great too.

I worked at Pro Rentals on Huntington Beach Blvd. back in the early ‘80s. Doubt they’re still open, but who knows. Mr. Manolios took me the NAMM show in ‘84-‘85 Remember the Trace Elliot amps, surgical cord tubing strung mini base guitars, and a lot of loud, unconducted noise. Memories.

Back