Had a chance to visit GMW yesterday

Econ

I’ve been a GMW customer since 2002 and yesterday had a chance to pay a visit to Lee at his shop. The plan was to drop off a guitar that I want to have refinished and the visit turn out to be a memorable experience. I had a chance to check out first hand some customer projects that Lee is currently working on at the moment and I’m sure that these folks will be stoke when they get back their guitars. Dropping my guitar at Lee’s shop turned out to be a 3 hour visit, were I talked about custom built guitars, helped Lee drop some finished customer guitars at a FedEx store, received a mini master class on how to retop a guitar body and even had a couple of slices of pizza with the man (great pizza Lee!). But what made it memorable was the fact that this guy, who is very busy running his business, made every effort to make me feel welcome and appreciated as a customer. I don’t think anyone can dispute the genius behind this man’s work, but aside from his mad guitar building and refinishing skills, he really showed me that what difference him from other companies is that he knows what true customer service is all about.and have nothing to gain from praising his work and customer service.

:dunno: :picsorban: :dunno:
Econ":sbi84zfy said:
I’ve been a GMW customer since 2002 and yesterday had a chance to pay a visit to Lee at his shop. The plan was to drop off a guitar that I want to have refinished and the visit turn out to be a memorable experience. I had a chance to check out first hand some customer projects that Lee is currently working on at the moment and I’m sure that these folks will be stoke when they get back their guitars. Dropping my guitar at Lee’s shop turned out to be a 3 hour visit, were I talked about custom built guitars, helped Lee drop some finished customer guitars at a FedEx store, received a mini master class on how to retop a guitar body and even had a couple of slices of pizza with the man (great pizza Lee!). But what made it memorable was the fact that this guy, who is very busy running his business, made every effort to make me feel welcome and appreciated as a customer. I don’t think anyone can dispute the genius behind this man’s work, but aside from his mad guitar building and refinishing skills, he really showed me that what difference him from other companies is that he knows what true customer service is all about.and have nothing to gain from praising his work and customer service.

scottosan":167byzsw said:
:dunno: :picsorban: :dunno:
Econ":167byzsw said:

Pic from yesterday’s visit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 576&type=3

victim5150":2v321pxw said:
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one of their Randy Rhoads polka dot V's.

Lee told me that he has 5 of these in building que. It seems that the demand for this type og uitar is strong.

paulyc":ocpyjqn5 said:
My pearl white Oz Fox SPE with reverse shark fin inlays is in the que. Lee’s great.

I've got a Oz Fox SPE signature model in que as well to be completed in February. Can't wait!

Yep, Lee is good people. Custom ordered this puppy a few years ago
8YsZfw0l.jpg

ill throw some pics up as soon as I get my PRS back from him Tuesday. I am totally stoked to see that guitar in person. it was unbelievable in pics so I can only imagine what it will be like when I see it. I believe my guitar is one of the ones econ went with lee to drop off at fedex lol

MYLILSS":1sku56w7 said:
ill throw some pics up as soon as I get my PRS back from him Tuesday. I am totally stoked to see that guitar in person. it was unbelievable in pics so I can only imagine what it will be like when I see it. I believe my guitar is one of the ones econ went with lee to drop off at fedex lol

That’s right Mike. You should get it by Tuesday.

Would be really cool to see some pics of the work!! I literally just emailed Lee about getting a replacement board put on my PRS.

Lee is awesome, just started working with him! He’s painting my Les Paul and before I even paid him or sent him my guitar he sent me a color board of the colors I was looking for and a piece of binding so I could decide on what I wanted. Super professional and great pricing!

Awesome guy, went in the a bunch early 90's when i lived out there. Had him make me a charvel spec body for my pointy head charvel, and put a floyd platform on it for me too... Always kind and made time.. Saw Dan Lawrence in there painting stuff too.. was super cool.

bhuard75":1d2yiodg said:
Would be really cool to see some pics of the work!! I literally just emailed Lee about getting a replacement board put on my PRS.

I've always wanted to get the board on my PRS replaced with maple. Would you mind sharing what the estimated costs would be? In a PM if you don't want to share in public? :rock:

Back