Mesa JP2C with Axe Fx II XL+ Help Request

raymitchell

Hey guys!
So, thinking about working my way back into a Boogie Mark Series head, and, this time I think I'm gonna go with a JP2C. Having said that, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience using the JP2C with the CabClone active BUT, with speaker set to 'off' and then using the slave out of the JP2C to feed the Axe Fx rather than a load box (Weber, Two Notes, etc) with a line level tap on it.

I want to use the JP2C in 4CM/mode and be able to flip between the JP2C and Axe Fx amp models. From the Axe Fx I'll be going out to a stereo power amp and on to two 4x12's.

From my past experience of slaving a IIC+ in to either a Boogie 50/50 or Mesa 2:90, the slave out sounded great in the sense that it captured the whole sond of the amp (includes the 5 band graphic eq in the signal).

Basically, I wanna do 4CM but, rather than use the JP2C's fx loop on the return, I wanna use the slave out so that the signal being returned to the Axe Fx includes the 5 band graphic in the signal.

With the built-in CabClone, that gives me an onboard load resistor, which, shoud, free me up to use the slave out to send to the Axe Fx, yes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

Have a JP-2C, 4cm, using a G-System. Curious about your question and looking forward to a response or advice.

raymitchell":2feaqohr said:
Any takers?

Appreciate any help or shared experiences.

R

Well yes it will work and give you the sound of the 5band. BUT its not really 4CM since you cannot use the FX return on the JP2C without a nasty feedback loop as discussed in manual. Basically you will use the JP2C as a big Preamp..Should sound great, enjoy!

mixn4him":1u4ll7zv said:
raymitchell":1u4ll7zv said:
Any takers?

Appreciate any help or shared experiences.

R

Well yes it will work and give you the sound of the 5band. BUT its not really 4CM since you cannot use the FX return on the JP2C without a nasty feedback loop as discussed in manual. Basically you will use the JP2C as a big Preamp..Should sound great, enjoy!

Thanks man! So, any ideas/schemes in which I could retain the on-board five band and still be able to do traditonal 4cm? I'd like to be able to use the wah, whammy, etc in front of the JP2C somehow.

I do see how this could NOT be possible but, thought I'd ask.

Back