NGD/NPD jackson/lundgren

mchn13

I've actually had this for a couple weeks now, but didn't know if I was going to bond with it. It's a Japanese slsmg soloist that I bought as a straight up project, and it's a friggin killer metal guitar.
I had the frets leveled, and one replaced, put a set of schaller locking tuners on it, and a lundgren m6 in the bridge. I've been a lifelong Duncan user, and have nazgul in my charvel and jackson dinky, but this pickup man; especially at drop Bb is amazing. I've never heard anything this balanced, tight, and punchy, all at the same time. I took a chance on the lundgren, as I could afford a set of my usual Duncan's or one lundgren, and I'm glad I did.
The soloist was a chance too but it is also killer. Mahogany, neckthru, ebony board. Totally plays in another price range, but was super affordable.
Btw, Japanese charvel/jacksons are crazy bargains on the used market right now, and really solid guitars.
Jackson slsmg by steve moore, on Flickr
Jackson slsmg by steve moore, on Flickr

Congrats man, I'm a big fan of Lundgren for metal, I have the M6 in a Soloist and also in an Amfisound, they are just killer!!

MetalHeadMike":2n6ujjk4 said:
Nice :rock: I've always wanted to try a Lundgren.

For what I'm doing right now, it's the jam! Not saying there's not pickups just as good, but they just made my Duncan's and bkp's sound scratchy by comparison. Real full and clear sounding without being bloated, and super tight with no high end fizz at all imo. Almost like a high output ceramic detroiter, if there were such a thing(is there?)
Definitely my favorite metal pickup so far.

Rock Bodom":12ihhvez said:
Congrats man, I'm a big fan of Lundgren for metal, I have the M6 in a Soloist and also in an Amfisound, they are just killer!!

It just kills in this beater soloist! Going to get another for my dinky now. Do you use the neck lundgren as well?

mchn13":1hg2g797 said:
Rock Bodom":1hg2g797 said:

It just kills in this beater soloist! Going to get another for my dinky now. Do you use the neck lundgren as well?
Yeah, I use their Heaven 57 in the neck, also nice

Nice guitar. Was this one of the matte black or black SLSMG's that someone removed the finish from or a different model?

A dude on one of the Jackson FB groups snagged a red one of these with HSC for like $399 in mint shape. I always dug these. Not familiar with the Lindgren stuff.

Nice guitar man.

I had one of these Jacksons SLS Soloist,3 years ago,got it used at a Guitar Center,walked in and they had it for $199.99 ! Bought it right then,it was a bolt on with the regular Shark inlays and the Jackson Slat headstock like yours..same here,wasn't sure I would like it and kept it for about 6 months,IDK the guitar felt really stiff to me,and of course I was a Dumbass for selling it..I like yours here in the Natural finish and the Piranha inlays,I would love to try another one sometime soon..very nice score you picked up !

Tronald Dump":2t9engm0 said:
I can feel that guitar resonating from here. :) Looks badass.

Thanks dude. It really is pretty resonant, and really solid especially how light it is.

Inearthed":31hj496x said:
Nice guitar. Was this one of the matte black or black SLSMG's that someone removed the finish from or a different model?

Yep it was. Someone had stripped it, and ithad a couple lifted frets. Someone was selling it on reverb cheap so I took a chance and grabbed it as a project. Figured my local luthier could handle it, and glad I did. I'm going to fine tune it within an inch of its life lol.

JerEvil":1jm7hpuh said:
A dude on one of the Jackson FB groups snagged a red one of these with HSC for like $399 in mint shape. I always dug these. Not familiar with the Lindgren stuff.

Nice guitar man.

Dang! I'll grab another when I find a deal on one again. Especially if I find one in mint condition. Neck thru, mahogany, ebony board; clicks all my boxes, and I like the neck profile better than the esp horizon I had and sold.
The lundgren m6 is the 6 string version of the meshuggah pickup, and just blew me away thru the d120 Friday night. My friend was using my dinky with a nazgul in it, thru a 5150II, So I could really hear the difference in the two tones. The Vht lundgren combo was just so clear and punchy.

Back