Mezzabarba MZero

zuel69":185yawp5 said:
Do any of you guys get excessive noise, combination of hiss and hum with the overdrive over 5 on the overdrive channel? Same thing on the first channel with the boost engaged and the drive up. Tubes don't seem to be the issue, and this is with everything disconnected except for the cab of course. Hiss I get but there is a background hum that really gets loud.

I don't....better give Pierangelo an email about it...he is very responsive, and this amp is truly a passion for him.

You can reach him directly at

info@mezzabarba.com

littleguitars":celf5lvc said:
Luca79":celf5lvc said:
I wonder if littleguitars tried one...

Hey Luca, yes I did get a chance to check out the MZero at NAMM last month. There was a lot of activity at the Mezzabarba booth for most of the weekend, but I made it a point to swing by first thing Sunday morning when very few people were around. Pierangelo turned me up to a pretty good volume too (loud enough that it eventually got the attention of the noise police -- and they were surprisingly cool about it, believe it or not). I was going through a 4x12 with greenbacks, and it sounded absolutely killer!! Even better than I was hoping for! Will definitely get one of these amps some time this year.

I'm so bummed I missed George Lynch jamming on one, at NAMM at the Seymour Duncan booth. That would have been a bucket list item for me.

littleguitars":2ajytdyj said:
Luca79":2ajytdyj said:

Hey Luca, yes I did get a chance to check out the MZero at NAMM last month. There was a lot of activity at the Mezzabarba booth for most of the weekend, but I made it a point to swing by first thing Sunday morning when very few people were around. Pierangelo turned me up to a pretty good volume too (loud enough that it eventually got the attention of the noise police -- and they were surprisingly cool about it, believe it or not). I was going through a 4x12 with greenbacks, and it sounded absolutely killer!! Even better than I was hoping for! Will definitely get one of these amps some time this year.

Cool. So for you have a SLO vibe, or more Mashall?

Luca79":1pllx6b2 said:
littleguitars":1pllx6b2 said:
Luca79":1pllx6b2 said:

Cool. So for you have a SLO vibe, or more Mashall?

Well, having only played it the one time, I'd be hesitant to make any definitive statements. But my initial impressions were that it definitely sounded more open than an SLO, and it also sounded bigger at a lower volume than an SLO . I felt like it did have some Marshall/Soldano mixed flavour, but overall, the Mzero really is its own thing.

I just got the M Zero Overdrive. I played the Skill 30 at NAMM and was blown away. I wanted a small head and it was perfect. But Pierangelo convinced me to try the M Zero OD. I had to have one. I don't have any excess noise.

Back