Jackson USA Select pricing

Yeah, things are never, ever set in stone when it comes to Jackson. I´m sure Matt could get away with some odd stuff if he asked nicely and ordered three, but the full-size strats are normally supposed to be full customs and I think you´ll have a big hill to climb to get a one-off thru as a Custom Select.

paulyc":21jwui3o said:
No, I have Jackson bolt on strats from the 80s with the large rout
Yeah, I should have written DK1 not bolt-on.

But thinking about it again, it's probably the pointy head that's making it expensive assuming it's 22 frets - dealers can talk them into 'morphing' models together but there's no 22 fret pointy head in either line, which *might* mean it's not in the CNC programming. Then again, they churned out enough of those 'new' pointies in the mid 2000s, but perhaps that program was for a different machine.

If you're serious about looking into GMW, try to find a JRS1 as a base because then it's all Jackson and you just need to add a Floyd and neck humbucker.

As a Jackson dealer, I will tell you this when building yourself a Jackson. Add the total cost of the build, and take 50% off the top. Thats the dealer price. Anything above 40% markup of dealer price..Look for another dealer!

neilli777":3apvuzyl said:
paulyc":3apvuzyl said:
No, I have Jackson bolt on strats from the 80s with the large rout
Yeah, I should have written DK1 not bolt-on.

But thinking about it again, it's probably the pointy head that's making it expensive assuming it's 22 frets - dealers can talk them into 'morphing' models together but there's no 22 fret pointy head in either line, which *might* mean it's not in the CNC programming. Then again, they churned out enough of those 'new' pointies in the mid 2000s, but perhaps that program was for a different machine.

If you're serious about looking into GMW, try to find a JRS1 as a base because then it's all Jackson and you just need to add a Floyd and neck humbucker.

I’m dead serious about GMW, I’d have Lee make me a body from the wood I’d want and paint it, but I need a reverse headstock pointy American neck.

Lee's doing more and more stuff like that now - there was just a post where he'd used a customer supplied warmoth neck on a body supplied, so I'm sure he'd do it. You just have to find the right neck. And finding a rev pointy neck might be a bit of a mission. And of course, it's still not cheap. But granted, it's not 3600 dollars of 'not cheap'..

I've played lots of Jackson/ Charvel stuff. They're my favourite company, but sometimes the prices get a little too high. Have you priced out a similarly spec'd Schecter? Their CS is putting out some great guitars. Alternitivly, you could send Grover an email at GJ2 guitars and see if he'll build you the guitar of your dreams.

Blackbird":axs67a1d said:
I really don't get the appeal? For that money, I'd go with Suhr or Tom Anderson. Different strokes I guess... :dunno:
I've NEVER played a Suhr or Anderson that I liked as much as a Charvel/Jackson, and I've played quite a few.

the rossness":2pqpg5ex said:
I've played lots of Jackson/ Charvel stuff. They're my favourite company, but sometimes the prices get a little too high. Have you priced out a similarly spec'd Schecter? Their CS is putting out some great guitars. Alternitivly, you could send Grover an email at GJ2 guitars and see if he'll build you the guitar of your dreams.
I have a GJ2, nice guitar, but not even close to a Charvel/Jackson. There's nothing like those necks anywhere else (except Chubtone, but I REALLY want a reverse pointy headstock).

Back