NAD: KSR- “Q” prototype. Update w/ clip

Rev

A very Merry Christmas to me. So I got this amp right before Christmas and it is glorious. This is a departure from the other KSR amps even though on the outside it looks similar. This is a custom amp that I requested Kyle to build some ago. I basically asked for a sleazy Marshall, sunset strip style.

The clean is the same clean as on the other offerings. It’s a very bold sounding clean.

The gain channel is where this thing really let’s loose and changes.

The gain channel has two crunch channels/switches for each master. Then it has a clipping circuit for each master. The clipping on master 1 is more open and raw. I’d say more vintage tonality of clipping. The circuit on master 2 is more modern and “hairy.”

In addition, the gain has a lead section as well. The lead is just balls to wall man. It’s so aggressive and angry! So to sum it up the switch is a three way switch that gives you a crunch, crunch/clipping, and a lead (no clipping). Each switch or mode has so much variety and tonal options.

I’d like to get some clips of it over the weekend.

I know Kyle is hoping to have this amp at NAMM. I think this amp will be a big hit for many people. You can hear the KSR dna in the amp but it is definitely a sunset strip/earlier 90’s sounding 100 w head.

Link to pics since photo bucket won’t host
http://groomednoodlers.com/forum/viewto ... 665#p19665

Nice

47f41c92231ca4926782d0b57be5f5deffb9ad96_hq.gif

Dammit, I did not need to see this lol. I was thinking about talking to Kyle about a modern modded Marshall style amp, but figured he was past custom builds and wound up buying a Diezel.

That's awesome dude. Can't wait to hear clips.

Thank you, could you detail the whole signal chain please ? Guitar, pickups, any effects, cab and speakers ?

paulyc":35bu1dxp said:
Thank you, could you detail the whole signal chain please ? Guitar, pickups, any effects, cab and speakers ?

Sure

Charvel Custom shop w/ JB straight into the amp. Wampler analog echo in the loop. Ksr cab w/ H30s anniversary.

So Blue is the crunch w/clipping and the Red channel is the Lead you were talking about?

Thanks for the clips dude

Thx guys. The first video is the blue channel w/clipping. The second is the red w/clipping. Both blue and red have the same crunch and lead. Only difference is the style of clipping circuit in each. So three potential settings for each. Plus the crunch has 4 voice options and the lead has 6 voicing options (via “feel” control). That’s a whole different animal of tonal variety. I haven’t recorded the lead channel yet. Kyle can explain it better than I can.

Back