Vivian Campbell Signature Les Paul?

I know it’s my own silly opinion, so LP lovers don’t get offended, but just about everything Gibson makes is just about as boring as grits, including this.
But good for Vivian on a sig, always loved his playing.

Racerxrated":181n3wai said:
Zado":181n3wai said:
Looks ugly. FAR prefer something like Sykes LP
js_2007_guitar.jpg
Already been done. What, 2006? If you see one now they are 6K or more.
6k? Geeez
spock.gif

nevusofota":33dj4x3r said:
Zado":33dj4x3r said:
js_2007_guitar.jpg
Ugly??? This guitar looks the same just with a pickguard and a non-transparent top :confused:
When talkin about LPs a different finish and pickup or pickguard color scheme is everything when talkin about how the instrument looks, and while the Sykes is damn classy, the Viv looks to me like a cheap LP copy with regular see thru black finish plus badly matched pckup bobbins (cream) and body binding (snow white). Thanks but no thanks.

I totally dig the guitar, and I'm glad for Campbell. He's more deserving than alot of Gibson endorsers. I like his style, his playing, and he's a likeable guy. Lizzy Hale? Yawn.. Jason Hook? Yawn, (and his sig in the pic is an Epiphone, he's no longer worthy, haha).

Zado":3a7zlgpv said:
nevusofota":3a7zlgpv said:
Zado":3a7zlgpv said:
js_2007_guitar.jpg
Ugly??? This guitar looks the same just with a pickguard and a non-transparent top :confused:
When talkin about LPs a different finish and pickup or pickguard color scheme is everything when talkin about how the instrument looks, and while the Sykes is damn classy, the Viv looks to me like a cheap LP copy with regular see thru black finish plus badly matched pckup bobbins (cream) and body binding (snow white). Thanks but no thanks.
To each their own I guess but pickups are easy to change and the Sykes binding is yellowed due to a relic job, which I’m definitely not a fan. That mirror pick guard adds a cheap factor IMO. The Campbell model will age naturally and will wind up looking great after years of playing. But like I said, everyone has there thing and it’s ultimately all about what comes out of the speaker. It would be boring if everyone liked the same guitar. :thumbsup:

messenger":2kswenxg said:
napalmdeath":2kswenxg said:
(and his sig in the pic is an Epiphone, he's no longer worthy, haha).

:confused: I haven’t seen an Epiphone pic in this thread

The first pic I posted. Jason Hook is to the right, playing an Epiphone signature Explorer.

Zado":37ch7unc said:
cheap LP copy with regular see thru black finish plus badly matched pckup bobbins (cream) and body binding (snow white). Thanks but no thanks.

I think the lighting is messing with the guitar in the photo's. In the first photo the bobbins look grey, I have seen another pic that I can't post (says board upload limit has been reached) that shows they are clearly grey

napalmdeath":1idap9ix said:
messenger":1idap9ix said:
napalmdeath":1idap9ix said:
(and his sig in the pic is an Epiphone, he's no longer worthy, haha).

:confused: I haven’t seen an Epiphone pic in this thread

The first pic I posted. Jason Hook is to the right, playing an Epiphone signature Explorer.

yep he's right ... there is another photo of them where you see the headstock

Viv's main stage guitar with Lep has been a mutt Les Paul for quite awhile now. It's a LP Custom neck on a Standard (sparkle) body. Which I kinda like the idea. I'm a LP Standard guy but not a Custom guy...my Silverburst Custom collects dust, it's just not a comfortable guitar for me to play mainly because of the squared/ binding back. Then again with Last in Line he's playing his old converted deluxe he's used for years.

No binding on the back. Custom neck. Looks good.

jabps":npskkdl7 said:
Viv's main stage guitar with Lep has been a mutt Les Paul for quite awhile now. It's a LP Custom neck on a Standard (sparkle) body. Which I kinda like the idea. I'm a LP Standard guy but not a Custom guy...my Silverburst Custom collects dust, it's just not a comfortable guitar for me to play mainly because of the squared/ binding back. Then again with Last in Line he's playing his old converted deluxe he's used for years.

No binding on the back. Custom neck. Looks good.

Let me know if you want to sell me that Silverburst!

I really don't know any run of the mill non pro musicians who have 5,000 to spend on any guitar, so Gibson has been overpriced for a very long time IMO. I'm not much into signature guitars when you can pick up a nice used Black LP standard, custom or Edwards throw in Vivians pickups of choice and Blammo you have a Vivian Campbell guitar...Really it's that simple.

harddriver":12jcezwa said:
I really don't know any run of the mill non pro musicians who have 5,000 to spend on any guitar, so Gibson has been overpriced for a very long time IMO. I'm not much into signature guitars when you can pick up a nice used Black LP standard, custom or Edwards throw in Vivians pickups of choice and Blammo you have a Vivian Campbell guitar...Really it's that simple.

Exactly his LP is just a Black standard with original SD 59's. It is nothing special and does not look like this Signature model..

mixn4him":16z63lwx said:
harddriver":16z63lwx said:

Exactly his LP is just a Black standard with original SD 59's. It is nothing special and does not look like this Signature model..
His old black guitar was actually a wine red deluxe. He rerouted it and painted in black. Used that for all the original Dio stuff and he uses it again with Last in Line.

Agree on the signature stuff, generally overpriced. I do think it's cool Vivian is getting a little recognition with the model though.

Back